Hi I have an HP spectre laptop and an ac 7265 driver. The speed test i did in my ho@me indicates that my wireless signal is about 150Mbps down and 20Mbps up. The best I am seeing on my laptop is 30Mbps down and 18Mbps up. Can someone tell me how I can boost this. I am very aware of the issues regarding the 7265 driver.
As we understand, you would like to improve the performance of your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. This type of behavior can be caused by many reasons, here are some initial recommendations that may help in this condition:
- Apply the configuration mentioned in the following advisory: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.
- Check the possibilities mentioned in this document and apply the actions recommended: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005493.html Quick Checks to Improve or Fix Wireless Connection Issues.
If you require additional assistance, please provide the following information:
- http://\https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen, Save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.
- Router model and firmware version.
- Have you checked if you get a better connection in other networks?