Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How can I replace missing C:\Program files (x86)Intel\Bluetooth\btmshell.dll? I'm being told module can't be found on brand new Dell

idata
Employee

starting C:\Program Files (x86)Intel\Bluetooth\btmshell.dll. The specified module could not be found. I am running WIN 10 Home, 64 bit. The only thing I did, was connect a Bluetooth mouse to the Dell Laptop, brand new.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Duffer,

We do not have a way to insert a .dll file independently. If you are getting this type of error, the best recommendation is to perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth* drivers; this involves removing the software from Windows* programs, as well as deleting the Intel® Bluetooth* device in device manager, after this you should install the Bluetooth* driver from your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer support.

Keep in mind that you should contact http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/4 Dell* Support as first option, specially if this a new PC. Their drivers and software may be customized to operate in your computer.

For further assistance on our side, please let us know the following information as we will be glad to help, and provide detail steps to reinstall the generic drivers for your Bluetooth* controller:

- Computer model.

- Wireless Adapter model

- Was this working fine before?

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
KKing4
Beginner

Hi there

starting C:\Program Files (x86)Intel\Bluetooth\btmshell.dll. The specified module could not be found. I am running WIN 8.1, 64 bit on a HP Notebook

Following your advice to remove software and reinstall

Attempt to uninstall or repair Intel (R) PROset/Wireless Software for Bluetooth (R) Technology

results in the following error message

Service "Bluetooth Device Monitor" (Bluetooth Device Monitor) Failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello krisking,

In your case, the error you are receiving when you try to uninstall the Bluetooth* software may not be caused by the driver itself; this is often related to OS registry issues, software dependencies, or other causes. We encourage you to check other technical websites for different options about the error: Service "..." Failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

In our best effort, we advise you make sure your system has any applicable Windows* updates (.NET, etc.), also, you might want to check with the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support and verify you are using their recommended drivers and software.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Duffer,

We have not received any response to our last message. Please let us know in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Duffer,

We didn't receive any reply to our last message. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos