I find myself continually changing my Intel Dual Wireless-AC 7260 from changing Power Mgt Settings to "NOT" allow this device to wake the computer. Why is this Intel driver continually, automatically changing this setting back? Is there something I can do to stop it?
It regularly keeps my computer awake.
Yes, I've checked those settings and all that stuff is good.
Under device manager and within the 7260s settings/properties-->power management, there is a box that when checked "Allow this device to wake the computer." I change and save this setting, close the properties, open up and re-verify that it's unchecked.
When my computer fails to sleep/hibernate, I go back to this setting and it's re-checked.
Our recommendation is for you to check with the OEM in order to obatin the latest drivers and check if the issue is resolved: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
Alternatively, you can try the latest generic drivers found in our support page.
2. Download and save the drivers according to your OS architecture (32 or 64 bit): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Drivers & Software
5. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
7. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
8. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
10. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
12. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver component.