Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

How to fix Bluetooth Drivers from constant reconnecting/Disconnecting loop.

JVo001
Beginner

I have found an issue which I don't know if it's a hardware of software issue. While the wireless is working fine on the "intel dual band wireless ac 3168" card, the bluetooth driver keeps reconnecting and disconnecting from device manager. It constantly makes reconnecting and disconnecting noise which rubs salt in the wound.

I turned on the pc and was simply using a wireless keyboard, then it suddenly stopped working mid operation.

To make sure this is not a software problem I have tried multiple things people have listed to deal with the issue online. Reinstalling the drivers, updating the drivers, uninstalling the drivers, restarting bluetooth support services and turning them to automatic, installing windows 10 again, rebooting the computer. Simply no avail. I'm not an expert but perhaps there is something I'm missing?

I have also tried all the step in this forum:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490TnOSAU/intel-dual-band-wirelessac-3168-bluetooth-not-working

When I troubleshoot all the hardware I get no messages, except when I trouble shoot the bluetooth component, which it says "Check Bluetooth radio status. Not Fixed" which I have no clue what that means or what to do with that information. If you could help that would be wonderful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JVo001, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JVo001
Beginner

Thanks for the reply,

As for your questions my motherboard is a B450M DS3H WIFI by Gigbyte Technology CO., Ltd. This is a desktop computer. My internet/wifi is working completely fine even on the computer itself fine it's just the Bluetooth driver that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. It was working before, but in the middle of operation it suddenly stopped. And other than Blizzard launcher and Nvidia's graphics card controller it's basically untouched, from a hardware and software standpoint. The card came preinstalled on the computer. I'm using Windows 10 home 64bit. This is in my home environment.

Now here's the good news and something odd, as an absolute last resort and an idea out of desperation I said hey what the heck why don't I just turn the PC off, flick the power switch off, and unplug the computer for 10 seconds and plug it back in and see what happens? KABAAM, it works again! when nothing else would do the trick. The question I want to ask you is, why does this work?

I have turned off the computer and rebooted it before, and restarted it without turning the switch off, and that has failed to solve the problem. But somehow, switching the power supply off and unplugging the pc from the wall seems to do the trick.

As the first time I did it the computer ran swimmingly for a day and the same problem happened again while I was using it mid operation while gaming. Then I repeated the process of turning off the computer, switching the power off and unplugging the computer for 10 seconds and without fail it solved the problem again.

Another thing I noticed is that when this anomaly happens, it messes up with the things I have plugged in via USB, like my mouse or something. Like the connection will get jittery. But of course when I do the fix mentioned above, everything is back to normal.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JVo001, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem related to the Bluetooth feature getting disconnected and reconnected got fixed and now the Intel® Wireless card is working properly.

In reference to your question, when turning the power switch off from the power supply, that is what we call a hard reset, it is one of the troubleshooting steps that we recommend to try for this type of scenario and what it does is basically drain all the energy or from the computer. Sometimes when connecting a Bluetooth device to the system and disconnecting it, it leaves like a corrupt signal and by doing the reset it will clean the signal for a new connection, after that the Bluetooth device should work properly, it seems to be that is the case or that is what happened with your platform.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos