Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

How to fix slow wifi speeds after wake from sleep with modern standby on windows 10

GPfei
Novice

My lenovo laptop uses an Intel AC-9560 wireless adapter. With modern standby activated, the connection after wake from sleep is extremely slow and limited to about 20Mbps. When I disconnect and connect the adapter, i get back to my normal speed of 500Mbps. Currently the only work-around is to disable modern standby in my bios. i am using the most current driver (21.50.1.1) and have been hoping for this problem to be resolved with every driver update I received.

43 Replies
GPfei
Novice
I am travelling with limited access to Internet. I will follow up with Lenovo by the first week of March, however I will try to do it earlier if possible. I did try to disable modern standby from the windows settings. This didn’t seem to make any impact and according to the setting it would only impact while on battery. Often the laptops on battery are not stationary and will be outside the range of wifi wihile asleep. Stationary laptops, plugged in are the bigger concern for this issue. The only resolution remains the group policy right now, deactivating wifi while on modern standby. Goetz
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello GPfei,

Thank you for your response.

We were reviewing all the information and it seems that this matter could be related to the BIOS settings and possibly the Operating System, we highly recommend you to check this with the system manufacturer of your computer.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos