Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

How to permanently disable Killer Prioritization Engine?

mpilgrem
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 8930 with Killer Intelligence Center (KIC) Version 3.1222.608.4 (it came with the machine), which is installed/updated via Microsoft Store. I have discovered that KIC's feature 'Killer Prioritization Engine' (KPE) stops the SharePoint aspects of Microsoft Teams from working (and some other applications that rely on handshaking are also adversely affected). If I disable KPE, Microsoft Teams and the other applications immediately work as intended. I can disable that KPE feature temporarily in KIC, but it re-enables (without any action from me) from time to time. This seems to happen when the machine goes to 'sleep'.

My question is this: what do I need to do in order to cause the Killer Prioritization Engine feature to be permanently disabled, as I request?

I connect to the Internet using 'Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller'. I have read on the Internet that Killer Intelligence Center/Killer Prioritization Engine serves no useful purpose, and can be safely removed. Is that correct? If it is the only way to cause KPE to be *permanently'* disabled, please can you point me in the direction of clear instructions as to how to remove this software.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mpilgrem

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the  Intel® Killer™ Control Center.

We will need to research this issue in order to help you out, please attach screenshots of the option that you are looking to disable and get enabled automatically.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mpilgrem

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mpilgrem

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
mpilgrem
Beginner

Apologies, notifications of your replies did not reach me. As advised, I have asked the question again.

0 Kudos