Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

I continue to have issues with my blue tooth and wifi card 9560. I've tried all types of rebooting - hard and soft. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I've tried restoring bios settings.

Ssaba5
Beginner

Error code 10 on wifi card

Error 43 on bluetooth

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Ssaba5

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

For the error code 10 regarding the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560, you may try the following steps to see if the issue is solved. These steps can also help to resolve the issue with error code 43 for Bluetooth.

1. Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the system powers off).
  2. For laptops, reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance.
  3. Perform a Clean Installation of both Wireless and Bluetooth drivers and reboot the computer. We recommend contacting your laptop/PC manufacturer to get and try first the customized Wireless and Bluetooth drivers from them.
  4. Try a hard shut down, wait for a couple of minutes and turn on the computer.
  5. Load BIOS defaults. Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance for settings/updates.

If the issue persists, we kindly recommend checking further with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of your system (laptop/PC) for additional suggestions and to discard the possibility of a hardware problem. List of Computer Manufacturer Support Websites*.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Ssaba5

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the steps recommended. Does the issue persist? If it does, were you able to contact your OEM?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Ssaba5
Beginner

I did not see the initial response. I just ran through the clean install process. I've already ensured there wasn't a hardware issue and I've previously performed the hard reboots. That does temporarily fix the issue but about an hour or so into working via wifi and/or when my computer goes to sleep, it breaks the wifi again and I have to do the hard reboot again. I'm hoping to stop doing that and solve it once and for all.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Ssaba5

Thank you for your response.

Since the issue persists and regarding the details you provided, please allow us to look into this.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Ssaba5
Beginner

Thank you for looking into this. Even with the clean install, my wifi breaks after a certain amount of time on the wifi and/or if the computer goes to sleep. I've looked at various suggestions to change the power option to not allow it to turn off the wifi but when I go to my advanced settings, it does not have wifi as an option.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Ssaba5

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

The option for "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" can be found under Device Manager Power Management tab. However, we usually recommend keeping the default value checked for the setting. Please refer to the following link for more details. Setting Power Management for Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Having said that and considering all the troubleshooting steps performed at this point, we recommend checking this further with your computer manufacturer since this can be related to a hardware or operating system issue. Also, a BIOS update may be required for a fix and your computer manufacturer is the one that can assist further with this inquiry.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Ssaba5
Beginner

I don't have the device manager option or USB settings option in my advanced settings. Where else would it be?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Ssaba5

Checking the screenshot you attached, it is not showing all the expected options, not only the "Wireless Adapter Settings" option is missing but others like "Hard disk", "USB settings", "Internet Explorer", etc., and this could be an indication of a Windows® issue.

Could you please check and provide the following details regarding the missing "Wireless Adapter Settings"?

1- In the Windows® search box located in the taskbar next to Windows® icon, please type in "Edit power plan" >> Click on the green battery icon "Edit power plan". "Edit Plan Settings" window will show up >> click on "Change advanced power settings" and the "Power Options" window will show up. Please see if the "Wireless Adapter Settings" option is still missing and provide a screenshot.

2- Also, did your computer come with Windows® pre-installed or did you install it? If Windows® came pre-installed, did you reinstall it or perform a "system factory reset" at any time?

If you downloaded Windows and installed it separately, where did you get the Operating System (OS) image? Please provide details.

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Ssaba5
Beginner

I tried it your way and it still doesn't show wireless options.

Windows came pre-installed and we have not done a factory reset.

I've attached the requested report

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Ssaba5

Please allow us to check this further since that does not seem to be all the expected options under "Power options". We will be updating this thread as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Ssaba5

After checking further regarding the issue with the Wireless Settings in the "Power Options" window and the "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" feature, this issue is totally related to OEM/Operating System/Laptop.

Since the wireless adapter comes with all its features enabled, and OEMs can by their design/BIOS/software, etc. disable some of them, we kindly recommend checking with your OEM to address this question.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos