Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

I own a Asus ROG G752VY with a Intel dual band 8260 wireless card. I want to upgrade the card to 9260, because the 8260 is not behaving well. Please advise if I can expect any problems with compatibility.

KKanc2
Novice

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Asus can answer that question for you, as they know what is compatible with their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

My opinion? It's not the hardware. I think it's the Wireless software.

If you are going to upgrade - and it's supported by Asus - I would upgrade to the AX200 instead. Might as well go for Wireless-AX and WiFi6 support; the cost is pretty much the same.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
KKanc2
Novice

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your oppininon.

I also thought that it was a software problem, but after numerous preinstalls of the drivers ( including a complete preinstall of the OS ) the problem

still persist. Sometime the wireless works, sometimes it does not. The problem is that when it is not working, the wireless card cannot be found

even in the device manager. If im lucky, after restart it shows up and the wireless is working.

I have read the whole internet and have tried everything that was suggested, the problem remains.

In this forum there was a guy who this problem with the same card but on another laptop. After replacement with 9260 the problem was solved.

That is why I decided to go ahead with the upgrade.

I am going to change the card this weekend. If there is a happy ending I will send some info here.

Cheers,

Konstantin

0 Kudos
KKanc2
Novice

Hello again,

Just an update, replaced the chip with a 9260, works well without any issues. Guess after all it was a hardware problem with the chip.

If anyone else have this problem, recommend to replace the chip.

Cheers.