Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

IDBWM.exe band.com.br connections

mrmusic66
Beginner

Hello!

IDBWM.exe keeps making connections to band.com.br, and the domain seems to redirect to a somewhat scammy news site.

Why is IDBWM.exe included in Connectivity Performance Suite making this connection?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @mrmusic66

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

What version of Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite do you have? Please share screenshots of the process you mentioned.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mrmusic66
Beginner

Version is 2.1123.706.4

The DBWM.exe is in the same folder as the exe for the connectivity performance suite, so I can only assume they are related. Did some digging on the attached dns lookups with Sysmon and found them originating from this executable.

The domain is blocked in NextDNS, of course, since I don't know what the domain is being used for and it keeps pinging it.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello mrmusic66

Thank you for the screenshots.   

Please do not forget to provide me with the version of Intel® Connectivity Performance and the report from Intel® System Support Utility for Windows.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello mrmusic66

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to generate the report? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello mrmusic66

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos