- HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 (2017), Intel Core i5-6300U, RAM 8GB, 256GB SSD.
- Running on Windows 10 Pro, version 1809.
- ProdID: M5R97AV (sold in Switzerland).
- WIFI connection works fine.
- The AirPlan Mode is turned-off.
- The wireless physical button (top right corner) is turned-on.
- It contains a card Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 (see Device Manager).
- This is the card Intel Model 8260NGW plugged in slot 72EMA on the motherboard.
- Based on its specs (URL below), this card provides WIFI-ac AND Bluetooth 4.2 connection.
- The Bluetooth blue icon is missing in the Device Manager.
- No switch On/Off in Bluetooth Settings of Windows 10 Pro.
- So I cannot add a new Bluetooth devices in those Bluetooth Settings.
- The Bluetooth feature is missing or not working, and Troubleshoot Tool cannot fix this.
- Was there an HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 variant sold without Bluetooth feature ?
- Does my WIFI internal card (Intel 8260NGW) provide the Bluetooth feature (too) ?
IF YES: Why the 'Bluetooth Troubleshoot Tool' cannot detect/fix this problem ?
IF NO: Which WIFI+Bluetooth card can I buy to replace mine and fix this BT problem ?
This one: Intel Dual-band Wireless-ac 8265?
Fixing this internal BT problem, I will keep all my USB ports free of BT dongle.
Thanks and regards,
You must work with HP on this. You cannot simply replace the wireless adapter as there may be problems: