Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Installation failed with error code 0x80000000 (-2147483648)

Ronneby
Beginner

Hello. I am having trouble updating drivers through the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Two drivers that I have tried both fail with the error: Installation failed with error code 0x80000000 (-2147483648)

The reason for the update is to try to get my TOZO T-12 wireless earbuds to work correctly under windows 11. The sound is only coming from the left earpiece and is very intermittent. I have hopes that updating the driver will help.

Lenovo Yoga

I have attached screenshots.Screenshot 2023-01-11 220949.pngScreenshot 2023-01-11 221018.png

Screenshot 2023-01-11 220536.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Ronneby,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Which browser are you using to open the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

2. Does the issue happen when you click on "Download all" or if you try to install them one by one?

3. Have you presented any issues with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) before?

4. Have you tried to reinmstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Ronneby
Beginner

1. Which browser are you using to open the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

I've tried both Edge and Chrome

2. Does the issue happen when you click on "Download all" or if you try to install them one by one?

Both 

3. Have you presented any issues with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) before?

No

4. Have you tried to reinmstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?

No, but I can.

0 Kudos
Ronneby
Beginner

I have reinstalled it, but I get the same results.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Ronneby, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Before we proceed further, I would like to confirm if you tried the steps from the article "How Do I Resolve Upgrade Issues with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?" to uninstall the tool.

If not, you can use the following link to access it:

If the issue persists, please provide the following:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the logs from the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA):

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Ronneby
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, David.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it according to the instructions. I did not, however, find anything (files or folders) under c:\program files\intel. I did find them under C:\Program files (x86)\intel\driver and support assistant. I don't know if that makes a difference. Is it installed as 32-bit? I do not see the DSAUnistaller.log file.

I also noticed after re-installing and accessing DSA, that the previous entries for failures are still showing (see screen snips).

I have run the System Support Utility and attached the file for you.

Best of luck.

Ronneby

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Ronneby, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Ronneby, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on the investigation performed, I would like you to consider the following:

1. Your report shows that you are using Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Build 25276, and not the official version, and this type of windows is used for developers for testing. I recommend you use the official versions 21H2(22000) and 22H2(22621). For more information and installation please get in contact with Microsoft.

2. Bear in mind that our drivers are generic and the drivers from the laptop manufacturer are customized to work perfectly with your systems and BIOS.

3. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) can detect and offer upgrades for many of the drivers and software that are available on our Intel Download Center, so if you have an Intel product that isn’t supported by this tool before using Intel® DSA, you need to refer to this page (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032252/software/software-applications.html) to ensure that the product is compatible with the utility.

4. I recommend you check with Lenovo for the customized driver update tool that was designed for this system, or to get the customized drivers from the manufacturer.

For more information, please refer to these two articles:

What Components does the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Detect?:

Things to Know Before I Start to Use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA):

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ronneby, 

I was having the same problem as you with the graphics drivers not installing and repeatedly getting the error code.

What I ended up doing was: 

Go to Install History,

click on "Learn more about this update." (With the information icon)

It'll take you to an exe. to download.

Once downloaded, install. It'll ask you something like "do you want to remove existing hardrive and replace it", I said yes.

Then restart PC. 

After that,

I opened my install history, and this came up - (I'll attach a photo)

Really hope this helps and fixes your problem

After installing: Intel Graphics Driver Installer, from clicking "Learn more about this update."After installing: Intel Graphics Driver Installer, from clicking "Learn more about this update."The exe. (application) that will automatically remove your current driver and replace with the one you want.The exe. (application) that will automatically remove your current driver and replace with the one you want.

0 Kudos