Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7645 Discussions

Installing Bluetooth driver without uninstalling the old driver first causes several issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this is an issue that I've had for at least a couple years. Basically, every time I ever updated the Bluetooth driver (this one), it corrupted my GPU driver installation and I was forced to reinstall it each time. This happened even after formatting my PC and installing the most recent version of Windows 10. Yesterday it happened again, only this time it was even worse. On top of corrupting my GPU driver, it made my mouse and keyboard (both connected via USB) unresponsive. Unable to do anything, I was forced to format my PC once again.

Unfortunately, I only noticed yesterday that on the driver's page, in the "How to install" section, it says to uninstall the old driver before installing the new one. For curiosity's sake, I tried it, and the installation went smoothly, nothing got corrupted. It's my fault for not following the instructions.

If it's so important to uninstall the old driver first, then I think it should be forced during installation of the new one. The installer should search to see if a version is already installed and if it detects one, uninstall it first before installing the new one.

Thanks for reading.

Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Taichi
CPU: Intel i7-8700K
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Newtype

We would like just to inform you that we have shared your feedback with the relevant department and since there are no more comments in the thread, we will proceed to close it now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Anonymous

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that installing the Bluetooth driver over the existing driver was causing some issues but after following the recommended steps of uninstalling the previous driver version the installation went smoothly without issues. We are glad to know that you managed to solve the problem.

Also, we do appreciate your feedback regarding the driver installation process and we will share your comments with the relevant department.

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Newtype

We would like just to inform you that we have shared your feedback with the relevant department and since there are no more comments in the thread, we will proceed to close it now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos