I have a Dell XPS 15 (9530) with an Intel 7260 AC Wireless adapter (Driver version 22.214.171.124). My system is running Windows 10. When I attempt to upgrade to build 1511 of Window 10 I can longer connect to internet via wireless. It shows I'm connected my ASUS RT-AC66U wireless router, but I can no longer reach any remote sites. When I roll back to previous release of Window 10 it works fine. Is this a know issue? I there a fix coming? Thanks.
In this case, please do the following:
1. Trying removing older drivers and install the latest drivers from scratch. Intel recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites first in order to obtain the latest drivers. As a second option, you can try the drivers found in our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Download Center
2. Make sure any previous drivers have been clean unistalled.
3. Check antivirus and firewall configuration, if necessary disable them and test the connection.
4. Delete old wireless profiles and then add them again.
5. Check for possible firmware update for your router as well.
6. Check if Airplane Mode is set to OFF: Go to Settings >> Network & Internet >> Airplane Mode and check if it is off.
I did all these steps and the problem is still occurring. I tried using the driver directly from Dell 18.11_A00. Any other suggestions? Seems like a bug in the intel driver to me.
Please try using the new version of the wireless drivers as the improvements may help in this type of situation.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25683/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 version 18.32.0.
If possible, remove the existing driver and software before installing the new one.
I just tried to install the latest drivers version 18.33.0. First off when you download the drivers from your site it claims the signature is invalid. If I try and run the installer I get the following. What am I suppose to do here?
Have you tried the OEM drivers? It is important to consult with them first and see if they have any updates that might help you resolve this issue.
Regarding our drivers, it is important that you know that they are generic and they and may not be fully compatible with this adapter if it is an OEM's.
Please try the following:
Maintain the driver version 18.33.0 saved since you have downloaded it already and then follow the procedure below:
1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
4. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
Yes, the first thing I tried was using the Dell drivers. I think at least one of the issues is the driver that's currently installed will completely uninstall. I tried uninstalling it via the device manager, rebooting and it keeps coming back. If I attempt to install the 18.33.0 driver I get the installer error above. Is there some way to force the current driver to uninstall permanently? Is there any work around for the the 18.33.0 installer error I outlined above?
We have recently come up with the latest driver version for this adapter (18.40.0) Could you please try it following the instructions previously given above? For your convenience, here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25833/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10