Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel 7260 HMWG.R WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 card not working properly

BBarr8
Novice

I just got the card and put it in my desktop system. I have an ASUS ROG board (Maximus VI Gene)and am using the mPCIe Combo II card to mount my Intel card.

First things first: the antenna connector for # 2 has no gold circle around it, so I can't attach an antenna connection to it. I do have a connection to # 1.

My second problem (well, maybe not problem) is that when I run the Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0 it only sees the WiFi portion of the card, and offers drivers which are not quite the latest (I have 17.13.11 installed). It does not offer a Bluetooth driver.

I installed the latest Bluetooth driver (17.1.1409.01) manually. My Device Manager has the following:

Finally, I cannot get the system to see my Bluetooth headsets. They work fine with my Windows 8.1 tablet.

Any ideas what I can do to get it working? Also, is there any chance Intel will replace the card since I can't connect an antenna to connector 2?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Bibbit, both antennas will be required to be connected for correct operation.

I suggest you contacting the place of purchase in regards of this issue.

BBarr8
Novice

Thank you for the reply. Would you recommend I get the same card again, or a different Intel card?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It is usually better to use a wireless adapter validated by the motherboard manufacturer.

Among other brands, ASUS* lists 11230BNHMW (Intel® Centrino Wireless-N 1030) as the only qualified Intel® wireless device here:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VI-GENE/M6G_Devices_QVL_0703.pdf http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VI-GENE/M6G_Devices_QVL_0703.pdf

You can ask ASUS* for any other Intel® wireless adapter model if needed.

BBarr8
Novice

Thanks again. I actually started out this process by asking ASUS support for help, and the help I r3eceived was woeful at best. They actually told me that my motherboard came with the card in the Combo II setup, but of course it did not. I'll try a second Intel card and see if I have better luck. Too bad no stores in my area sell them. I'll have to go the Amazon route and wait a bit.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Besides that, we only suggest the adapters designed for desktop, such as the https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop-brief.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop.

BBarr8
Novice

I got my replacement today. I have two antenna attached and my WiFi and Bluetooth are working. Right now I'm using Bluetooth headphones. I only get 700+ speeds on the WiFi (generally around 702Mbps), but that may be do to my router, and that's fine anyway. Getting a better router later and hopefully will get better speeds with that. So, all in all, I'm content.

PS

I am easily getting max internet speeds, I haven't tested network transfers though.