Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Intel 7265 Rev 59 ? Hardware Bug ? Windows 10?

MSing15
Beginner

hello guys

so I have purchase a new laptop but it seems like I'm unable to detect any 5 Ghz, so I have done some troubleshoot my router is a AC so it should have no issue not broadcasting 5Ghz, my old acer laptop and my cellphone is able to pick it up without any issue, I have updated to the latest windows 10 (1709) as of today and it still resulted in the same issue and I have also updated the firmware and bios of my laptop and it points to the same issue, my ssid 5 ghz isn't broadcasting at all, I downloaded a third party program and tested it seems like the card is only picking up channel 155 and it broadcast 5 Ghz, so I have changed that in router interface page and it seems to appear, but upon connecting to it, it seems like the speed to be dropping, and it does this for 2.4 Ghz as well, so I'm getting a pretty bad speed, it goes as low as 14 Mbps, my only guess it is a faulty NIC ? the laptop is fairly new and only 3 days old.

I have attached SSU and some picture, possible to hear from someone regarding this thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello manmohan,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're experiencing 5GHz wireless networks detection issues on your new laptop.

The issue description points to a problem with antennas, as you suggest this might be a hardware related issue. However, if you would like to discard a driver issue, a clean installation of both the Intel generic drivers and OEM drivers is recommended. The current adapter advanced settings are already configured as recommended based on the Intel® SSU report provided:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

If the issue continues, please contact the laptop manufacturer or place of purchase for hardware repair or replacement options.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello manmohan,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of this post. Please let us know if you had the chance to test a clean driver installation as recommended or if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos