Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 7265 adapter leads to BSOD (netwtw02.sys) in mesh wifi network

edrie2
Beginner

At my office we have a mesh wifi network (e.g. multiple accespoint broadcasting the same SSID name). However when I walk around with my Dell windows tablet windows 10 crashes when it gets connected to a different accesspoint. The BSOD is in netwtw02.sys.

Updated many times my wifi drivers, even to the latest beta drivers. Installed the PROSET software (also updated this several times to latest version) but it keeps having this problem. Also reset my tablet twice the couple of last week and even that didn't help.

I now put my tablet to sleep before going to another site of the office building, which works most of the time, but 1 out of 10 still leads to a crash when awake from this sleep. My tablet literally crashed 50-75 times the last couple of months. Last weekend I reset again my tablet, and today I had my first two crashes already. Unfortunate my job requires lots of meetings in different meeting places.

Note: using certificates to connect instead of loginnames. The access points are not visible (behind the roofs), but I think they are Cisco ones. I also checked and unchecked the box 'cisco settings - enable radio measurement' in ProSet. Also played with band selection mixed band, 2.4ghz or 5ghz band only but nothing helps either (other then on the 2.4ghz band I get a 144mbs and on 5ghz I get al 300mbs connection performing very well).

Anybody having a solution?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

xavalon,

Regarding the wrieless adapter, could you tell us what driver version you were using?

Does this issue occurs only with this specific network?

Have you check for any possible BIOS updates?

Is this occurring after an update?

Could you send us the dump files?

0 Kudos
edrie2
Beginner

My Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet (7140 model) is updated to the latest bios

Running Windows 10 Pro - 64bit; latest updates via windows update. Installed McAfee livesafe. The tablet was imported from the USA, but is in use in the Netherlands.

Current wifi driver version is 18.30.0.9 (3 november 2015). Good performance both at work and home.

The BSOD/crash (in netwtw02.sys) occurs only at work, not at home. Rarely use my tablet elsewhere then office and home. I get the crash as I get connected to a new access-point There are many access points in our office (large building). We use client certificates to connect to the wifi network. I tried several driver versions in recent months, also resetted windows 10 twice but the BSOD is there again immediate. Today it crashed again.

I can recall that I had access to another SSID using a personal login+password and didn't have those issues. This wifi network was dismantled this summer and was only available in a small part of the office but had a desk there.

Yes I might be able to send the dump files but please assist how.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

xavalan,

Could you provide us the router brand and model as well as the type of authentication certificates you are using.

0 Kudos
kphan1
Beginner

Please intel, fix this asap.

I have:

Alienware 17 R3 laptop.

i7-6820HK

GTX 980M with 4GB GDDR5

16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz

256GB PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD.

Intel AC 7265 with latest driver.

I noticed my system has been crashing frequenly for the past few days. BSOD (netwtw02.sys).

In addition. I notice that browsing the internet speed seems a little slower too.

Please intel, release new driver to fix this.

I have to plug my laptop to Ethernet to prevent system crashing.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

khoaiii,

Which drivers do you have currently installed amd what is your OS? Intel recommend that you check with your computer manufacturer first in order to obtain the latest drivers.

As a second option, you can try the generic drivers found in our dowload center for this wireless adapter: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265 Drivers & Software

0 Kudos
kphan1
Beginner

i was running with latest driver 18.30.0. BSOD and I have to downgrade to 18.21. My system is running fine with 18.21. Please fix your 18.30 driver.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

khoaiii,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our engineering department is already working on it in order to improve it. Let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
zshi4
Beginner

I have the same problem when i use the 18.21, the blue screen has any solution?

0 Kudos
kphan1
Beginner

try even earlier version?

0 Kudos
zshi4
Beginner

I find the 18.30 version is better than the 21, but the blue screen probability is become much less, but it still exists.

0 Kudos
kphan1
Beginner

did you uninstall 18.3 correctly? download 18.30 from intel. go to device manager and choose uninstall intel driver. reinstall with 18.21. this 18.21 has been perfect for me. a month so far with bsod

0 Kudos
edrie2
Beginner

I used a workaround and that is shutting down windows and rebooting again when i relocate in the office for the next meeting. Then i never had a crash. Only when getting out of sleepmode and changed location in the office building it occurred. This however occurs minutes later after leaving the sleepmode, not immediately. Also most of the time, not every time (say 8 out of 10 i got this BSOD).

I installed the latest Wifi Drivers version 18.32.0.5 (dated 22 december 2015) a few days ago, and they look more stable and didn't give me a BSOD yet.

0 Kudos
zshi4
Beginner

I only find the 18.30.0 on the intel official website.

0 Kudos
edrie2
Beginner

They are labeled WHQL so no beta. But i downloaded them from another website then intel. Google is your friend.

0 Kudos
edrie2
Beginner

upgraded to version 18.32.1.2 WHQL last weekend; this driver also looks stable. Haven't had a BSOD anymore.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

xavalon,

Thanks for informing here. Let us know if you need any more assistance.

0 Kudos
edrie2
Beginner

Aleki,

thx but for now it is working and don't experience a BSOD anymore. Think the newer drivers fixed it for me. I will come back if I again experience BSOD's.

0 Kudos
edrie2
Beginner

Just upgraded to PROSET 18.33.0.1 WHQL to see if this version is also stable.

Version 18.32.1.2 WHQL was very solid for me, and I didn't experience any bluescreen-of-death in a meshed WiFi network anymore. Sometimes I get disconnected and have to connect manually but that's all.

0 Kudos
zshi4
Beginner

I have the same problem my system is windows 10 64bit and the latest version, my hardware is T450s with AC 7265, always with blue screen and I cannot tolerant any more for that.

the blue screen always with netwtw02,sys i have no idea how to solve it.

It is often happen when I use the eduram web in the school, could you please solve that problem?

0 Kudos