Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 bluetooth - driver problems

KOnsu
Novice

My Clevo w230ss, i4710mq, W7/64, Intel wifi AC 7260 do not stream Bluetooth sound to my Bose III Soundlink.

BT driver: BT_17.1.1409.01_s64

Senario 1:

Install driver, reboot.. Speaker is visible and connected. NO sound. (Bluetooth vol Control is changed to max ??)

Senario2:

Install driver, do NOT reboot.. Speaker is visible and conected, sound OK. (Bluetooth vol Control not changed)

Conclucion: Reboot after install ruin settings. I have to run BT_17.1.1409.01_s64.exe and repair to get bluetooth sound every time the PC is rebooted or shutdown

Bug in driver software?? or do I something wrong??

My question to Intel: Do Intel have any plan to fix the drivers??

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I would like to verify more information so can you provide the system information report? How to get it?

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Also, have you tried another Bluetooth driver version before? Have you checked for firmware updates for the Bluetooth device? IS there a chance to test other Bluetooth speaker with your computer?

Kevin M

KOnsu
Novice

Hi;

I have tried 2 different model BT speakers, both Bose, and tried 2 Versions of BT drivers, 17.0.1405.02 and 17.1.1409.01 ( s64), same problem. Not checked FW Upgrade.

Sorry, find nowhere to attach the system report (New in this forum)

Regards Kristian

0 Kudos
KOnsu
Novice

Hi, my system report

regards Kristian

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you for sharing this information.

Please try uninstalling the current driver and install the latest at this link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24578 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24578

Kevin M

0 Kudos
KOnsu
Novice

Hi; thank you for Your reply. I have tested the las drivers, but still problem. Settings go bad after reboot. I I re-run the BT driver, choose repair, then work OK until reboot.

The speake connect correct after reboot. The BT volume Control is changed to top volume. I kan hear some lov Level music from BT speaker (speaker local vol max). This indicate problem With the BT volume Control, something get lost when reboot.

I have spent a lot of hours With this problem, and perhaps change Wifi card, I have N-2230 in other win7 Clevo PC, work perfekt. I also have N-1030 and N-2230 New Cards. Do you belive change wifi card may solve my problem w AC-7260?

Please advise, regards Kristian

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

I understand that you have installed the latest divers. But have you did what I told you to do and install the drivers the way I have said. Like I said the last two are patch versions so you have to do it in the order that I said to do it.

0 Kudos
KOnsu
Novice

Hi; Yes, I have installed (as administrator) the four drivers you recomended, and followed the instruction when say reboot. I have still the same problem, the sound volume is gone,. I see the BT volume Control is changed to max, but almost no BT sound in the BT speaker.I run the last driver (17.1.1409.01) again, choose repair, and NO reboot, then sound volume OK. Then reboot, and back to NO sound.

Conclusion: Your proposal do not solve the problem with BT sound volume.

I have spent a lot of hours With the BT problem, With no Luck. I plan to change the wifi card to N-2230, This card work OK in my other Clevo Laptop w. W7/64. I know I loose the 5GHz band, but not important, I live in Gran Canaria (Spain), and providers do offer 2.4GHz routers, not router running 5GHz wifi.

But anyway, thank you for your attemt to fix the BT problem w. AC7260 card. If you find the problem and have New drivers, then please inform,

Regards Kristian

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

I had some issues with the Bluetooth before and what I have noticed worked the best is honestly if you go to the Control panel and uninstall the Intel Wireless Bluetooth. and then start with Drivers version 17.0.1401.03 then install 17.0.1405.02 then install 17.1.1406.01 then install 17.1.1409.01. I know the last 2 are just patch versions. and I think 17.1.1409.01 may patch some issues that was in 17.1.1406.01. you may try that and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
KWebb
Beginner

Same issue here, I have an Acer Aspire M5-581T, Win 8.1 x64. Clean install. Updated all op system files, all drivers, and installed and update all the BT drivers. Still a no go. I can get either the BT or the Wifi to work, but not both. I have been looking around for a week and nothing seems to work. I sent an e-mail to Intel support, but I am thinking of just returning the card. Any ideas before I do?

Thank you

0 Kudos
KOnsu
Novice

Hi; the ac7260 have problem or driver problem. Intel asked me to install 4 different drivers on top of each other, this solve nothing, I got unstable wifi, no Bluetooth. I had a ghost copy of my w7 installation, and restored after the bad proposel from Intel. ( have dos Ghost, booting from memstick, work OK on w7/64, Tbyte sata ntfs HD). I have ordered N2230 wifi/bt card, I have this in other laptop (intel chip/cpu w7/64), no problems w wifi or BT, but I loose wifi 5GHz, for me OK. First instal BT, then wifi drivers. I'll inform when tested the n2230 card on my new laptop (Clevo w230ss, I7-4710mq, 2x ssd+1Tbyte HD)

regards Kristian

0 Kudos
TPech
Beginner

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/outils/Drivers/Intel/Wlan/PROSet-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software/Intel-Proset-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-Version-17.1.1450.0402/ Intel Proset/Wireless Bluetooth Software Version 17.1.1450.0402

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models

support which Operating Systems.

Version 17.1.1450.0402

Support devices Intel Wireless Bluetooth

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT THIS PACKAGE DOES

This package installs the software (Bluetooth driver) to enable the following

devices.

Device name Device name in the Device Manager

--------------------------------- ---------------------------------

Intel Wireless Bluetooth Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support which

devices.

If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this

package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted

below.

This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE

Version 17.1.1450.0402

[Important updates]

Nothing.

[New functions or enhancements]

Nothing.

[Problem fixes]

- Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth device might have a yellow bang when

resuming normal operation from sleep or hibernation state.

0 Kudos
KOnsu
Novice

AC7260 wifi/BT problem SOLVED

(My PC: Clevo w230ss, Win7-64 home, ViaHDsound, wifi ac7260

First, I removed ViaHDsound drivers because my Version had no stereo mix. I downloaded and installed "audio driver for win7", filename audio.zip from section w110er. (Google: clevo w110er drivers) This is a ViaHDsound driver With stereo mixer.

config stereo mixer as default input, MIC default communication. (now you may record all speaker sound, but not if BT speaker aktivated)

NeXT install wifi Intel 17.13.11_s64, then BT Intel 17.0.1405.02_s64.

Next reboot.

Next run the BT again, repair.

Next run the ViaHDsound HDVDeck, this app do some unknown change .

Next check soun in internal speaker, if plug in headset, sound output to headset. unplug hedset, sound output to internal speaker. So far so good.

From BT menu, add BT unit. When paired, check sound.

Next run HDVDeck again.

If all OK, reboot.

Incredible, all sound functions work OK in my computer.

- Play sound internal speaker, plug in headset, sound switch to headset, unplug, sound back to internal speaker.

- Turn on BT speaker, sound change to BT speaker. Turn off BT speaker, sound back to internal speaker

- I can record all sound output to internal speaker.

Minus:

Audio stream from Internet Wireless to AC7260 and output to BT seems to be problem, many glitches and stop in the sound. Use cable not wifi if you want to stream from internet to BT

No recordig With stereo mixer when stream to BT activated

Regards Kristian

KOnsu
Novice

My experience with Intel AC-7260 WiFi over time:

I see many short interruption in contact with the router, and the signal strength may suddenly without any reason appears to be very low. Streaming music with Media Player from radio station stops after a short time (2-5 minutes). Bluetooth speaker works, but not if music is streamed from radio station.

I have replaced the AC-7260 with N-2230 wifi card, no new drivers are installed. All instabilities are gone, no interruptions with streaming, Bluetooth speaker works without interruption even from the radio station.

My conclusion: AC-7260 is unstable, get rid off the AC 7260 Wifi card

Regards Kristian

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Sydensol,

We are glad you have your issue resolved. Please know that your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KOnsu
Novice
0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Sydensol,

You are welcome.

0 Kudos