Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel AC 9560 5GHz issues...

StillDSM
Beginner

Dear Intel

I have an Asus TUF FX505G latop. I bought it as new, and I am struggling with 5GHZ since i have it.

The latest driver is installed for the adapter. Using Windows 10 operating system with the latest updates.

My laptop seems to be randomly loosing connection on 5GHz. Most of the time it shows connected, I have an IP address, but no communication at all. I cannot even ping my gateway. (every other device working on 5GHz meanwhile)

At the same time if i disconnect form 5GHz and connect to 2,4 it works. When i connect back to 5GHz it stops working.

For my router:

It's a TP-Link Archer C7. Every other device working fine with it, without disconnections, and any issues. I do use my corporate laptop almost all day connected to 5 GHz and never experienced this kind of fault.

Channel Width is set to 20MHz on the router and it is set Auto on the AC 9560.

If i set it manually to 20Mhz, it stops working totally, I cannot connect to wifi anymore.

I searched the internet, tried everything, and i see thousands of complains about the same issue...

Do you have any solution, or after i bought a laptop which was not even cheap, should I just buy another WIFI card on my own cost?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

StillDSM, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

When did you purchase the laptop?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
StillDSM
Beginner

Dear Albert

Laptop was purchased approximately 1,5-2 years ago. 

It ws never working fine, but experienced less or more frequently, and first I thought it could be my router. Now i can absolutely rule it out.

No hardware change on the laptop, it is the original setup, as I bought. The latop came with this wireless card. 

Using Windows 10. Since this is my personal laptom I use it mostly from home, but the same happened on different 5GHz network already.

See the SSU attached

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

StillDSM, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the SSU report, we can see that the Wireless driver version currently installed is 22.10.0.7.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in ASUS web site and the latest Wireless driver they have available in there is version, V21.40.1.4. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505/HelpDesk_Download/

If the problem persists after that, then try a clean installation this time of the Intel® Generic Wireless driver version 22.30.0:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30208/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello StillDSM, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello StillDSM, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos