Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7352 Discussions

Intel AC-9560, Code 10

ZHuan70
Beginner

Hello!

Around a week ago, my AC-9560 stopped working completely on my MSI Ps63 8SC, for both wifi and bluetooth. Currently both show up as a Code 10 in device manager.

Things I've tried: Reboot, Hard Shutdown, BIOS reset, Reinstalling Windows, and Reinstalling Drivers.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I can still try. Any insight would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ZHuan70, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

To better assist you I would like to gather some additional information from you:

• When did it start to happen?
  • Were any changes made prior to that error code?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Do you remember if this situation happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • What is the driver currently installed?

Also, I would like to share with you the following article about Code 10 in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless device

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
ZHuan70
Beginner

Hello!

This started over a week ago, not sure exactly when. No changes were made, it stopped when I was browsing the web and I just couldn't connect to anything. Original adapter. Probably after a new OS update. I'm currently on manufacturer proided drivers on 20.30.0.7, but I've tried the most recent 21.90.3 drivers and they don't work either. Sometimes I get an "Unknown device" showing up in device manager after intalling most recent drivers.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello ZHuan70

Thank you for your response.

We would like to share some additional steps that you may try to see if this issue is solved:

Option 1:

With the code 10 error, or when you get the "Unknown device" showing up in Device Manager, click Network adapters to select it. Click Action and click Scan for hardware changes. Double-click Network adapters to expand the list. See if your wireless network adapter reappears and/or if the error code disappears.

Option 2:

We understand you have tried reinstalling drivers. Just to make sure, could you please check if you followed the recommended steps on the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers. If not, please kindly try reinstalling the drivers based on the steps on the link. WE recommend using the customized driver provided by your laptop manufacturer (OEM), which the latest version seems to be 20.100.0.4* based on MSI* website and laptop model. We recommend confirming this information with your OEM. As an alternative for testing purposes, you may also try the Clean Installation steps with our latest generic driver version 21.90.3.

Option 3:

In case you have not tried yet, you may use the Windows® network troubleshooter:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type and then select Identify and repair network problems in the list of search results to run the network troubleshooter. The network troubleshooter will automatically detect the network problems and you just need to follow the steps in the tool.

You may also try Reset Network Settings in Windows 10:

1. Select the Start menu and type Network
  2. In Windows Settings, select Network and Internet.
  3. In the left navigation pane, select Status to make sure you're viewing the network status window
  4. Click the Network Reset link and review the Network Reset information message. 
  5. Select Yes in the network reset confirmation window.

Option 4:

You may try running Windows® tool "Winsock" from Command Prompt. Winsock defines how Windows network software should access network services and resetting it may help with network issues:

• Press the Windows Logo Key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type cmd and press CtrlShift and Enter at the same time to run Command Prompt as administrator. You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run Command Prompt.
  • Restart your PC to complete the reset.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ZHuan70,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let me know if you need more assistance.  

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
ZHuan70
Beginner

Hello! I took a look. I've tried reinstalling several different kinds of drivers, including MSI's, the most recent, and another on my driver's list from Microsoft. Nothing has been seen to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello ZHuan70,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the troubleshooting steps that you have performed I would highly recommend checking with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in this situation MSI* to determine this is not a hardware issue with the device.

Again, I would like to share with you the following article: Code 10 in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless device

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos