Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

Intel AC 9650 : Bug when SSID is mixing 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

GTG
Beginner

Hi there,

I have a dell laptop 3301 with a intel ac 9650 m2 card. And I think driver are buggy or whatever.

I'm struggling for months because, since I upgrade my home router to wifi 6, sometimes the laptop refuse to connect for days... Always same error message: "driver disconnect while associating". But sometimes it will eventually connect for few minutes... or hours...

I decided yester day to split ssid: myssid (running only 5Ghz) and myssid_24 (running only 2.4Ghz).

And now laptop is connecting quickly (to 5Ghz ssid) and never disconnect.

So for those who have issues on this card, give my tip a try!

(Yes, I tried everything regarding drivers and Windows)

Cheers,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VonM_Intel

Hi, GTG.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

It's good to hear that splitting your SSID into separate 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks have resolved the connection issues with your Dell laptop 3301 and Intel AC 9650 m2 card. This is indeed a useful tip for others who might be facing similar problems. It seems that the Intel AC 9650 card may have compatibility issues with combined SSID setups for different frequencies, which can be mitigated by separating the networks.

For anyone else experiencing this issue, it's worth noting that updating drivers and Windows, as you've done, is typically the first step in troubleshooting. If problems persist, splitting the SSID, as suggested, or even changing the channel settings on the router could help. Additionally, checking the manufacturer's support site for any known issues or firmware updates can provide further assistance.

Thank you for sharing your solution; it's contributions like these that greatly benefit the community! If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos