Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC210 wireless windows 11 - bluetooth is not working

Themasterrocker
Beginner

Hi,

I am having problems with Bluetooth on my pc not even being visible to turn off and on, it's not showing up in the device manager but if I go to & apps and features it shows there is a driver installed but nothing showing up. When I originally had my PC running on windows 11 my bluetooth was there and working since doing updates that DST has told me to do I performed the latest for my bluetooth to disappear completely.

I have a Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz driver installed for my wireless however no matter what combination I have tried whether it was a fresh install of the drivers (removing them, restarting computer with no internet connection and then installing the drivers manually) which failed and the DST is showing my device drivers as up to date. I have also tried rolling back the driver which did not work and I really do not want to have to fresh rebuild my entire operating system already but I am getting to a loss on how to resolve this.

Please can you advise or fix the drivers so I can use Bluetooth again?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Themasterrocker
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry this should be the AX210 not the AC210 as in the title.

Please advise

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Themasterrocker

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to understand better the environment and the behavior, could you please confirm the following information?

1- We understand that the issue started after updating the Bluetooth driver. Is this correct?

2- It seems you are using a tool "DST" to update the drivers. Could you please elaborate more details about this tool and confirm what "DTS" stands for?

3- Since the Bluetooth entry is not visible in the Windows Device Manager >> Bluetooth section, please check under Device Manager > View menuShow Hidden Devices and review if there is any hidden or unknown device.

4- If the Bluetooth device is now visible after showing Hidden Devices in Device Manager, do you see any error code or error message in the Properties tab?

5- Are you having issues with Bluetooth only or with Wi-Fi too (both)?

6- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it on the computer?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Themasterrocker
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for coming back to me, please see below answers to your questions

1- We understand that the issue started after updating the Bluetooth driver. Is this correct? Yes during the last update my Bluetooth has gone missing. I've tried rolling back the driver to the previous version and it is now still missing too. Even the first version available for windows 11 doesn't work now.

2- It seems you are using a tool "DST" to update the drivers. Could you please elaborate more details about this tool and confirm what "DTS" stands for? Sorry I meant the DSA tool from yourselves (Intel Driver Support Assistant)

3- Since the Bluetooth entry is not visible in the Windows Device Manager >> Bluetooth section, please check under Device Manager > View menu Show Hidden Devices and review if there is any hidden or unknown device. 

Yes this was hidden there on the latest version however since uninstalling and trying previous drivers it does not display there anymore weirdly.

4- If the Bluetooth device is now visible after showing Hidden Devices in Device Manager, do you see any error code or error message in the Properties tab? When it was there it was failing to detect the Bluetooth device from the information provided in the properties however this is built in on the wireless card already.

5- Are you having issues with Bluetooth only or with Wi-Fi too (both)? Just bluetooth, my wifi seems to work fine but I use a wired internet connection mainly.

6- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it on the computer? This is built into my motherboard which is an Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero motherboard.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Themasterrocker

Thank you very much for all the details.

In this case, we would recommend first checking the BIOS settings in case there is an option related to the Bluetooth that might be disabled or Off. For this task, we recommend reviewing your computer's User Manual or contacting ASUS* Support for proper assistance.

If such as Bluetooth setting is Enabled/On, we recommend trying a clean installation of both Bluetooth and Wireless drivers. The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer, therefore, we recommend trying this first with the customized drivers from Asus* website. Please download and save the following drivers:

• Intel Bluetooth Driver V22.100.0.2 For Windows 10/11 64-bit.
  • Intel WiFi Driver V22.100.0.3 For Windows 10/11 64-bit.

Follow the steps on these articles for installation instructions:

• How to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers
  • Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers                      
  • Note: During the process, after uninstalling the drivers and before installing the ASUS* drivers, you may clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK. Reboot your computer and proceed to install the drivers.
  • We recommend installing the Bluetooth driver first, followed by the wireless driver.

If the behavior persists, we recommend repeating the steps by this time using the Intel® generic drivers:

• Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Version 22.110.2
  • Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapter Version 22.110.1

Also, we noticed that the system is running BIOS version 1007 and it seems there is a new BIOS version available on the ASUS* website>> Version 1202*. We recommend checking with ASUS* Support if this BIOS may help with this behavior and for installation instructions.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Themasterrocker
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I have tried these steps however it seems that every time I uninstalled the driver it wouldn't remove, when it finally removed and stayed removed from the device manager I restarted and checked it hadn't reappeared which it had not, I tried to install the ASUS drivers to which did not even appear to install the devices whatsoever. It literally did nothing when trying to run and running it as administrator. I even restarted the computer to check they didn't need a restart.

I then tried the fresh install of the Intel drivers as advised as the secondary drivers to install. The Bluetooth driver seemed to install however is still not displaying in the device manager (please see attached screenshot of the device manager (this is set to show hidden devices too)) yet it shows installed on the Apps and features (please see attached apps & features) I then tried to reinstall the WIFI driver and it keeps failing to install and no longer lists the device in the device manager.

I have also now updated the BIOS version to version 1202 as I hadn't realised this update had come out for it!

I have attached a copy of the log from the installer for your perusal hopefully you can figure out what's gone wrong and how to fix these issues?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Themasterrocker
Beginner
Can someone please advise how to resolve this?

Many thanks,
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Themasterrocker

Thank you very much for your response and for all the details. Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Themasterrocker

We would like just to verify the following. We understand that you tried the clean installation by uninstalling the drivers from Device Manager.

Just to make sure we covered all the possibilities, could you please try it again but this time following this process to see if there is any change:

1- Download the ASUS* drivers (both Wireless and Bluetooth) using the previous links and save them on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the Internet to avoid Windows* installing a different driver.

3- (New step) Uninstall the device software (if applicable): Under Apps & Features in Windows* Settings, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software," and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®." When prompted, choose to "discard settings." and reboot the computer.

4- Check Device Manager, if you see entries regarding Wireless and Bluetooth, try to manually remove the drivers following the Clean installation articles: (if you don't see these entries, skip to the next step)

• Bluetooth: Go to the Device Manager > Bluetooth > Right-click on your Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
  • WiFi: Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel Wireless Adapter and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

5- Clear out your temporary files.

6- Reboot your computer.

7- Install the driver packages downloaded back in step one. First Bluetooth®, then WiFi.

You can also try this process using the Intel® generic drivers using the same links in the previous post

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Themasterrocker
Beginner
Hi Andrew,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner and not making this known but, these exact steps I tried after the first time it didn't work the first way just to try prevent my pc from pulling the the same driver back into it from the internet however it still seems to pick up this driver that stopped my Bluetooth working. I can try it again but I know it will end with the same result of this driver I don't want being set as the default. When running the check disk to delete my temp files I did everything on it and it didn't work.

At this point I'm at a loss on what else to try apart from wiping my computer which I'd rather not do due to software licenses that have caused a few issues recently unless you have any other solutions to try?

Kind regards,
Themasterrocker
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Themasterrocker

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Themasterrocker
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I tried the above as asked nether the less and still neither device works. Looking at my device manager now it appears that only one of my 2 ethernet ports are functioning properly too. (Please see attached ethernet port error.png). 

I first of all disconnected from the internet and removed all the intel software listed above with discarding the settings (please see attached apps&features.png) I then rebooted the computer and opened device manager and removed all the wireless drivers and bluetooth drivers until they had completely disappeared and did not show up again. I then cleared all temporary files using check disk and the system temporary files too. 

I then restarted my computer and attempted to install the ASUS drivers which did nothing, I then went into device manager and manually added the device driver which gave the following results (please see bluetoothinstall.png). I checked device manager and saw no bluetooth still but decided to try the wireless install which gave the following results (please see WI-FI install.png). however nothing appeared in the device manager after scanning for hardware changes still nothing so I restarted the computer. 

I then opened device manager again and noticed that it has installed the device as a "network controller" listed under the other devices (please see attached Other.png) category. I then uninstalled this and repeated the process this time for the intel drivers to which has done the exact same and has now left my ethernet driver showing the above mentioned image ethernet port error.png

Can you advise at all?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

I have the AX200 on my motherboard and it also has been problematic. I tried to connect my Xbox Carbon Black controller and it failed.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

When you restarted the computer, did you have internet access completely disabled? If not, you are going to have Windows Update step in and install the same junk as before. You need to ensure this that you have no internet connection until after you have manually installed the various driver packages that you have downloaded.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Themasterrocker
Beginner
I made sure there was no instance of the above mentioned installed software and device manager drivers before proceeding with clearing all on check disk and all the system files (windows update files are in here incase a driver was sat in here it was picking up) and then rebooted after.
​Before going on to reinstall, I checked it hadn't been picked back up again.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Themasterrocker

Thank you for your response and for your efforts in trying the previous steps.

Please allow us to check this further. Once more information is available we will be posting it here in the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Themasterrocker

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After reviewing this, the best action is to contact the computer manufacturer (OEM) for more assistance since this seems to be related to hardware issues and may need a further inspection from your OEM. However, before that, you may try the following suggestions.

We recommend restarting the WLAN service following these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R and enter “services.msc” followed by the ENTER key. 
  • Find “WLAN AutoConfig” in the list of services, right-click it and select Properties
  • Press Start & change the startup type to "Automatic". 
  • Restart your computer 

Also, please disable and re-enable WLAN from the BIOS.

As the last suggestion (although it seems not suitable based on the details you shared, e.g.: about software licenses) is to reinstall the operating system (OS).

However, if the previous steps don't work, our recommendation is to contact ASUS* Support for more assistance.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Themasterrocker
Beginner
Hi Andrew,

Just wanted to update you, I did do a full reinstall of the OS after the other method failed as did the reinstall, I have since contacted ASUS directly. They recommended me to try perform a power discharge on the system with the following instructions

Please unplug the power cord, press the power button on the case for 30-40 secs to discharge the capacitors, switch the system back on and check if Bluetooth is visible and working.

I've done this and booted back up and it's resolved the problem and thought I'd share this with you in case it comes up again.

Many thanks again for the assistance
0 Kudos
Nikolai_Schauer
Beginner

This solved my issue as well! Thank you!

Windows 10 19044 64bit

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Themasterrocker

Thank you for your response and for this feedback.

We understand that the issue is solved after following ASUS's suggestion of discharging the capacitors. Thank you for sharing this, hopefully, it may help other users having similar issues.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this request now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos