Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel AX200NGW Wifi Not Working

Gsalinas22
Beginner

I have been using my ASUS ultrabook with an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265 for almost 3 years now. But last month, I noticed that the Wifi is disconnecting suddenly and Windows will lag until the Wifi option on the Action Center and Settings page is gone with only Bluetooth left. With this, I tried to buy a new Intel card which is an Intel Dual Band Wireless AX-200NGW.

The replacement process went perfectly but one thing that I noticed was the Wifi not being detected on Device Manager but the Bluetooth functionality works just fine! I tried resetting the Winsock and doing a network reset but to no avail. I also tried installing the latest version of the driver for AX-200NGW and still no effect.

My laptop's model is an ASUS ZenBook UX305F with Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804).

Hoping someone can help me with my problem. Thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Gsalinas22,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I was checking the specs of your laptop, ASUS ZenBook UX305FA, but I was unable to find compatibility information with this wireless card or installation instructions to make the upgrade/integration of a new wireless card.

As per the issue you're describing it is possible that the installation was not properly performed, it is possible that the problem is with the antennas or connections.

Your laptop may not recognize new hardware when you install an Intel® Wireless Adapter for several reasons.

• Manufacturer limitations: Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may limit the computer to only specific wireless adapters, causing an installation error when booting with a different, previously installed wireless adapter. We recommend contacting the manufacturer, vendor, or place of purchase about availability and support for Intel Wireless Adapter upgrades. Laptop manufacturers must meet regulatory requirements to determine if you can install the Intel Wireless Adapter in your system.
  • Regulatory issues: We do not recommend installing or upgrading the various Intel Wireless Adapters. Replacing an adapter associated with specific wireless software and a different adapter type may cause connection issues or software error messages. For example, if you replace a Wi-Fi/WiMAX adapter with a Wi-Fi adapter, you may receive WiMAX error messages and lose connectivity to the WiMAX network.
  • Driver limitations: Your computer manufacturer can customize drivers and software to enable or alter features or provide improved operation on your computer. Contact the manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information.

In this case, our best recommendation is to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), they can guide you and provide you information about integrations on their systems.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Gsalinas22,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos