Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Intel AX201 cant keep up with two bluetooth Joycons! Lags and disconnects

will6
New Contributor III

Hi. Im using CNVI AX201 Intel Wifi/bluetooth card built with Asus Motherboards Alder Lake series (but was the same problem on rocket lake CNVI AX cards too)

As connecting 2 nintendo joycons on bluetooth, they get lag or disconnects.

I have other BT adapters like realtek, tplink, which doesnt have this problem.

Im using Windows 11, Bluetooth driver 22.170.0

There is any fix for this? Since it was reported many, many and many times:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Input-lag-with-Nintendo-controllers/m-p/1408749

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-device-can-t-keep-up-with-two-JoyCon/td-p/660802/page/2https://www.reddit.com/r/yuzu/comments/sjehku/muliple_joycons_over_bluetooth_have_different/community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Input-lag-with-Nintendo-controllers/m-p/1408749

https://www.reddit.com/r/yuzu/comments/sjehku/muliple_joycons_over_bluetooth_have_different/reddit.com/r/yuzu/comments/sjehku/muliple_joycons_over_bluetooth_have_different/

Please dont ask about my hardware, I had reported my hardware many times. Just work on a fix or tell us is not fixable.

The same happens when connecting two wii remotes and the list goes on.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello will6,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when using your AX201.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Operating System update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?
  • What is your motherboard's model? You mentioned that you have an Asus Motherboards Alder Lake series, but I want to confirm the exact model.
  • I understand that you mentioned that you have Windows 11 installed on your system, however, I would like to know what Operating System version you are using.
  • What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?
  • Were you able to have normal/expected performance with the controllers before?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

Hi. Thanks for your answer.

Always used Windows 11 on this PC. And the problem been always there besides Windows 11 updates, been using first Windows 11, now 22h2, problem persist.

Motherboards with the same problem tested: Z690 Plus Wifi, B660M Plus Wifi, B660M Mortar Wifi, PRO Z690-A Wifi, etc.

Windows 11 22H2

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Just connect more than one device at the same time and this card struggles to mantain both connected or start to lag in one of them or both. It could be 2 joycons, 2 dualsense, 2 wii remotes. If they stay connected, just add one more. 3 at the same time is impossible for this AX cards. 4 a no go. You can also mix 1 dualsense, 1 joycon, or any combination you like and also wont stay connected or will lag until disconnect.

In all the motherboards tested, the adapter came built in with the MB.

It´s a widespread and know issue with Intel AX cards.  Please, if you have some time, send this to technical team, so we can stop threads being opened every week about this issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello will6,

Thanks for your response.

This time I would like to confirm more information about the issue behavior you experience:

• Does the issue only appear when you use two devices simultaneously?
  • Do other Bluetooth devices work as expected?
  • What happens if you use another Bluetooth device and one controller at the same time? Does any of them have any problems?

Also, I want to recommend you perform a clean installation of the latest Intel Bluetooth driver (22.180.0). It is important to mention that Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM).

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

Hi. Thanks for your answer. I did clean install many times, but this problem was always there.

Updated to 22.180.0. Didnt notice any improvements.

Yes, the issue appears only when using more than 1 device. Sometimes more than 2. 

2 joycon -> lags and disconnects

2 dualsense -> even worse than 2 joycons, lags and more disconnects. Using 3 or more dualsense is impossible, they keep disconnecting as you connect another.

2 wii remotes -> sometimes they work, but 3 are a no go,  4 impossible.

I guess it depends on how much bandwidth the devices uses.

Cannot think of other bluetooth devices than can  be connected more than 2 at the same time. But connected  1 dualsense, then tried to connect a headset and headset wont connect. Had to turn off dualsense so it will connect.

Similar goes for 2 joycons and a headset, they keep disconnecting or lagging. 

It´s not a signal problem, Im at less than 1 meter from the antenna. Also turned off wifi and didnt improve.

All this problems are not present on ie. Tplink UB400, UB500 bluetooth adapters.

And are present on all motherboards I have with AX built in cards.  I have 3 completely different models (Z490, Z590, Z690)

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello will6,

I will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

Hi. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello will6,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

After checking this matter, I will inform you that this might be an issue with the card, not the drivers or configuration especially since it never worked before, I would advise checking with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

Hi. Thanks

Already contacted Asus, thats why Im here. They told the card is running within specs. So, it´s not their problem.

Can technical team show proof of a dualsense and a headset or two joycons, or any combo they like running fine on an AX201 card? So I can send that proof to Asus.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
will6
New Contributor III

Best support ever. Keep hiding.

0 Kudos