Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7817 Discussions

Intel AX211 Drops connection for a couple seconds

culloa28
Beginner
Problem: Intel AX211 WiFi drops for a second or two, but isn’t long enough to “disconnect” it. It just stalls out for some reason.

Current driver: 23.70.2

Hey y'all. I am having issues with my MSI z790 Gaming Pro Wifi 6E adaptor that is running on Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E Ax211 160MHz driver. This MOBO is brand new (like 6 hours new) and my previous one was doing the same, so I upgraded "for nothing" even though it is a nice upgrade. My wifi randmoly drops for like 1-2 seconds. During those two seconds, I am dropped from teams calls, rubberband in a video game, or my browsers require a refresh. It is not a big deal but it happens every 5-10 minutes that it has become a headache. I have watched on task manager watch my Wifi go from 11 MBPS thruput to 0 Thruput for literally a second or two. I have tried the following:

1. I have updated my driver to the latest driver from July 2024.
2. I have gone to device manager > network > AX211 > Power Management; and disabled 'Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power.
3. I have gone to device manager > network > AX211 > Advanced ; and set my 802.11 a/b/g Wireless mode to 5 GHz and split my wifi bands to have a 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Has anyone experienced this and what fixed it for you?

Additionally, this wasn’t happening until my drivers randomly updated. Is there a way to get driver version 22.160.0.3 back? A few other people posted on another forum the exact same issue and he states that driver stopped it from happening.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
goosegrease
Beginner

Sounds similar to the issue I'm having:

Please bring back Global BG Scan blocking setting - Intel Community

Downgrading the wifi driver to 22.140 or older and enabling Global BG Scan Blocking is the only solution that works for me.

0 Kudos
jpart_777
Beginner

I'm having similiar issues with AX2xx series cards, I've done clean install of driver multiple times when new driver version is released but wifi still drops connection. Sometimes connection comes back automatically but often I also need to disable wifi and then reconnect.

I'd like to avoid installing from unknown 3rd party site but I guess thats only way to test this.

0 Kudos