Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel Advanced-N 6235 and Windows 10

SDunb1
Beginner

First off, there's some problems with the Windows 10 driver downloads redirecting me to a 404 page.

Secondly, the windows 10 drivers for the 6235 are having some issues. I've installed the most recent Bluetooth software as well as the new WiFi software (which I had to install via the IT zip file). The error I'm describing, however, occurs both with the old drivers and the new ones.

It seems that there is some sort of bluetooth bug. Playing over bluetooth speakers, the sound speeds up, slows down, and is generally distorted. Restarting the computer seems to solve the issue for a few minutes at most. Disabling WiFi and restarting has the same effect, but eventually it comes back. The problem gets worse when actually using the WiFi to access websites. Setting WiFi off seems to solve the issue.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello xplosneer,

We would like to mention that the drivers available for the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 in Windows* 10 are provided "In-box" by Microsoft* with Windows* 10.

Bluetooth* operates in the 2.4 GHz band, so you may get some interference if you are connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.

Have you tried connecting to a 5 GHz band network and check if the issue persists?

Please apply the configuration from the advisory: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings Wireless Networking — What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?

SDunb1
Beginner

Jonathan,

Someone else pointed out that there was a 404 page redirect, which got fixed. I tend to not trust Windows driver updates just yet for 10 (their system reset function just put me in a boot loop...)

I'm aware that there always can be some interference in the 2.4 GHz band, but not with only one router around and to the extent it was making all the bluetooth signals practically unintelligible.

However, I have discovered that the most recent ProSet/Bluetooth stack provided on 8/11/15 has seemed to resolve the issue.

I will update this thread again if the problem pops up again.

0 Kudos
JByki
Beginner

Recent ProSet/Bluetooth stack didn't solve the issue for me.

My Vaio Duo 11 SVD1121P2EB with win 10 has yet no Bluetooth at all.

as I posted elsewhere under the same Intel centrino advanced N-6235 ad Bluetooth / Win 10

these are the drivers found on my system after the latest ProSet/Bluetooth driver installation.

It would be helpful to forward this issue to Microsoft. see if they can double check their drivers do not interferes with the Intel when talking control of the wirelss controller. I have to ask if also, is ok that the Realtek Pcie GBE family controller is installed for this Network adapter, It is win 10 that installed that, not me, I wonder if that is causing all this problems... cannot uninstall, or i could, in administrator mode, but this is going to escalate to win customer service as well.

0 Kudos
JByki
Beginner
0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Jule,

The Intel® Wireless Bluetooth* will be shown in Device Manager - Bluetooth Radios.

Please keep in mind that the best source to obtain drivers for the Wireless Adapter in your PC is the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer.

As second option, you can use the generic version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 64-bit, version 18.1.1525.1445:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25206/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10-64-bit-JP-?product=66890 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 64-bit (JP)

If a standard driver update is not working, you can always try uninstalling and deleting old drivers from Device Manager before installing the new ones.

0 Kudos