Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Bluetooth Service stops automatically when started.

idata
Employee

I was looking for my bluetooth settings and they weren't there. I went to device manager and they weren't there either (even under hidden devices). I downloaded the most recent drivers from intel and then restarted. They still didn't appear. I found them in task manager (Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) iBtSiva Service), but when I try to start it in servies, I get a message "The Intel Bluetooth Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs." I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, reinstalled the drivers, rebooted. Same story. I tried the troubleshooting and it says everything is fine.

I'm running Windows 10 on an Asus UX305LA.

What do I try next?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DrewEllen,

If Bluetooth* is not working correctly, here are couple things for your consideration:

- Make sure that Bluetooth* is enabled. Your PC may have a switch in the chassis for this purpose, or it may be done with a key combination.

- Do you have any external or add-on wireless adapters installed?

- Check the devices shown in Device Manager - Bluetooth and make sure that it is detected and enabled.

- Was this working fine before?

- Were there any changes made in the computer recently?

- In order to help you better, let us know the model of Wireless Adapter installed in your computer.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bluetooth does not appear in Device Manager at all. I have no idea how to look up the model number. I have no external or add-on wireless adapters. I have never tried to use bluetooth before on this computer. I have made no changes to the computer recently.

Please advice.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

DrewEllen,

In this case, since you have Windows®10, could you please confirm if your OS suffered any recent updates? Another important point to take into consideration is to contact your computer manufacturer and see if they have any updates that might help resolve this situation.

You may find your computer manufacturer contact information here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Website

Also, please take a look at this link as it contains information that might be helpful in order to resolve this situation: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html?wapkw=linux+drivers+support+for+wireless Frequently Asked Questions about Bluetooth® Technology

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We haven't received any updates from you recently. Feel free to let us know in case you require further assistance.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have updated my OS and looked for updates from the manufacturer. There is still no bluetooth. Nothing has changed.

What else you got?

-Drew

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

DrewEllen,

Could you please confirm if the current Intel® Wireless Adapter is the one installed by factory?

Please, also inform the name of the adapter.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is the factory installed adapter. I'm not sure how to look up the name of the adapter. How would I do that?

-Drew

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Drew,

You can check in Control Panel, Device Manager, under Network Adapters, and look for the Intel® Wireless Adapter. Also in Device Manager, look for Bluetooth* Radios. Make note of the status and driver versions.

Additionally, you may download and run http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility, then use the tool to create a full report, save the file and attach it to the thread using the Advanced Editor. This report will provide us with the information required.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you read my original post, you will see that bluetooth doesn't show up in my control panel or device manager.

I did run the Intel Systems Support Utility. You will find the document attached.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Your PC has an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and, in fact, this adapter has Bluetooth* built-in.

Since the Bluetooth* component is not working, and does not show in Device Manager, there may be a hardware issue, or it may be a problem with your PC.

Please check with the computer manufacturer and make sure the BIOS of your motherboard is updated.

As last option from our side, you can try a clean installation of the generic Bluetooth* drivers.

- Download and save http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26067/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-10 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10, version 19.00.1621.

- Go to Control Panel, Programs, then uninstall the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth software.

- After the Bluetooth software is removed, try installing the driver you downloaded before.

If the issue persists after these actions, please contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support for further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We haven't seen any recent updates for this thread. Feel free to let us know if you require additional information.
0 Kudos