Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Centrino 1000N (or 1000) wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

KSnow1
Beginner

My computer is a Lenovo M90Z. The wireless card is an Intel Centrino 1000N (or 1000 - do not recall which) adapter. All of sudden I lost my internet connection.

• Initially in the network connection icon in the Windows taskbar there was a red X. In Device Manager on the icon for the adapter there was an exclamation point. What is weird is in Network and Internet Settings t the adapter was not there. Usually if it appears in Device Manager it also appears in the Network and Internet Settings in the same manner as in Device Manager. It might be a clue as to what is going on.

• After I did a Power Cycle there was a change in Device Manager. This seems bizarre. Initially the adapter did not appear. Then I selected "Show Hidden Devices" and it appeared but was dimmed. Then I am not sure how but it disappeared and another adapter showed. I do not remember the full name of the adapter. It was "Microsoft ______ Adapter". Then that disappeared. I do not recall the middle word but think it began with T. It is a word I have never seen. I believe it was something like "Targon".

Even though the Troubleshooter indicated it was a hardware issue I still believe it is a Windows issue. I did a Power Cycle like this

Completely discharging your PC might fix the unresponsive state of the network adapter. This might shake off any power surges that were registered in the adapter.

Unplug your charger, power off your laptop, and remove your battery. If you are using a desktop PC, remove all the power cables.

Hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds and then wait around 10 minutes.

Put the battery back in, with the charger and reboot or plug back your power cables and boot your PC

Check if this fixed it

Then the Adapter did not appear in the Device Manager. Did I fry something with the Power Cycle?

I have seemingly done every possible Windows solution. Ran the Lenovo Solutions Center. The adapter did not appear in the hardware to check but I do not know if the adapter is usually listed as a line item? Does anyone know?

I also removed the adapter physically and put it back in.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KSnow1, Thank you for contacting us about your product. The interactive technical support for Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000, Single Band has been discontinued, but you may want to try our "Discontinued Products Website" helpful to address this issue. Discontinued Products Website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html Community members may also provide more information to fix the connectivity issues reported. It is worth mentioning that you can verify this product's discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued". Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos