Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Centrino advanced-n 6205: Code 10

ЕБого
Beginner

Hello.

I have Intel NUC D54250WYKH with latest version of BIOS and Windows 8.1 64-bit and intel centrino advanced-n 6205.

I have problem with wifi adapter.

I have error for intel centrino advanced-n 6205 Code 10. Device cannot start.

I installed latest driver for wifi adapter. I tried different drivers. Nothing helps.

Is this wifi adapter fully compatible with Win 8.1?

Maybe somebody can solve this problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Egor_B,

Code 10 is a driver issue. Did you do it like this when you uninstalled the drivers?

1 - Go to device manager.

2 - Right click on Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 and then left click uninstall. Make sure no file is left behind.

3 - Then, using our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu Intel® Driver Update Utility seek for the drivers and install them.

Answering your question about the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 being compatible with Windows*8.1, the answer is yes. please check this link for further information: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3316 Intel® Download Center

Let us know if this helped you.

ЕБого
Beginner

aleki_intel,

Thank you for your advice, but it is not help.

What you mean "Make sure no file is left behind"? I choose - delete drivers when deleting device.

Intel Driver Update Utility cannot found drivers for Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205.

0 Kudos
PIvan4
Beginner

aleki_intel, hello!

Same problem with Intel NUC D34010WYKH & Centrino Advanced-N 6205 card.

I have tried 2 different 62205ANHMW cards, so I think that problem in Intel NUC or drivers or OS (Win7 x64).

And Egor_B is right! Intel Driver Update Utility doesn't find drivers for WiFi cards.

Do you have any ideas to solve this problem?

PIvan4
Beginner

aleki_intel, Egor_B, hello!

I think I've found the solution.

Some WiFi cards had maded for specific models of Lenovo, HP & Samsung computers ("WhiteList" cards).

These cards has FRU number on the label.

!!Intel blocks the work of these cards in the OS drivers!!

My cards are currently working in Ubuntu & Mint, but not working in Win 7 & 8.1.

0 Kudos