Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7582 Discussions

Intel Connectivity Performance Suite installer problem

GChen33
New Contributor I

The newly posted 30.24.576 installer fails with the message "the wizard was interrupted before the product could be completely installed". The UWD drivers package shows as installed in the Windows installed apps list, but no driver is actually installed. The ICPS software component shows up in device manager as a "generic software component" with no driver. The ICPS app also does not get installed.

I had version 30.24.475 installed previously. I tried completely uninstalling ICPS before installing 30.24.576, but I get the same error message. The 30.24.475 installer works fine, I had to revert to the older version.

LG Gram 17 2022 with AX211 adapter running Wi-Fi driver 23.50. Windows 11 Pro 23H2.

22 Replies
Ultrahub
Beginner

Same problem here on a Lenovo 16IAH7, model 82VB0002US

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ultrahub,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please file a new case so that we can properly support you.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LT7879
Novice

Same problem here, on HP Spectre 360 2024 14". Reinstall the older version worked fine. Anyone tried to install the latest Intel management engine from intel.com ?

ACarmona_Intel

Hello LT7879,

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Sparky56
Beginner

Same problem as described above on my Lenovo Yoga laptop 16IAP7.  Removed the prior version and it still wouldn't finish loading as  error message 15613 said it was interrupted before it could finish.  I had no trouble reinstalling the prior version.  

0 Kudos
spartan77777
Beginner

Same issue on Lenovo  Yoga 7 14IRL8 of  3.1024.505.1.  Drivers updated fine but ICPS fails with 15613 error.  Uninstalling the existing (no longer working) version does not help with the issue. Claims that wizard was interrupted before it was completed.

Networking device id Wifi: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_51F1&SUBSYS_00948086&REV_01\3&11583659&1&A3

Bluetooth: USB\VID_8087&PID_0033\5&28acbd0b&0&10

Evo based Intel i7-1355U

Have the following installed items:

Intel connectivity Drivers UWD 30.24.576 

Intel Wireless Bluetooth 23.50.0.2

Intel Driver & Support Assistant  24.2.19.5

Itel Unison 4/26/2024

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Spartan77777,

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello GChen33, 

I will raise the case with our engineers so they can further investigate the issue, and I will get back to you once the response is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
AllanW
Beginner

I have tried the following in order to resolve/workaround this problem with installing the latest version of 'Intel Connectivity Performance Suite' (ICPS) - i.e. version 3.1024.505.1. However, ALL OF THESE METHODS FAIL with error message 'The wizard was interrupted before Intel Connectivity Performance Suite could be completely installed' and/or 'Error number 15613' (which means the same thing, apparently):

1) Automatic installation of ICPS via the 'Intel Driver & Support Assistant' tool.

2) Manual installation of ICPS via version 30.24.576 of the manual installer (downloaded from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/738623/intel-connectivity-performance-suite-for-intel-wireless-products.html) - which the download page says is supposed to install the same version of ICPS itself (i.e. version 3.1024.505.1).

3) Manual uninstall of 'Intel Connectivity Drivers UWD' in 'Programs and Features' of 'Control Panel' (and reboot of my PC) and then retrying method (1) above.

4) Manual uninstall of 'Intel Connectivity Drivers UWD' in 'Programs and Features' of 'Control Panel' (and reboot of my PC) and then retrying method (2) above.

ALL OF THESE METHOD FAILED WITH THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE AS STATED ABOVE.

5) Any attempt to run ICPS from the Windows START menu was giving error message 'The Intel Connectivity Performance Suite is currently disabled. Would you like to enable it?'. However, whether I answered YES or NO to this question, the program just showed message 'Unable to start the Intel Connectivity Performance Suite' and only offered an EXIT button (which just closed this program entirely).

6) I have also tried manually uninstalling ICPS itself (by right-clicking it in the Windows START menu and selecting 'Uninstall') - then repeating tests (1) to (4) above. ALL 4 OF THESE REPEATED TESTS FAIL TOO, yielding the same error message as above - plus I am now missing ICPS from my PC's START menu altogether too!

NOTE: After tests (3) and (4) above, 'Programs and Features' in 'Control Panel' shows that 'Intel Connectivity Drivers UWD' HAS been (re)installed to the correct new version (30.24.576). However, it looks like the associated version (3.1024.505.1) of 'Intel Connectivity Performance Suite' itself has NOT also been (re)installed at this stage too.

It therefore looks like the installer is failing when the ICPS installation is attempted, but succeeds at an earlier point with installing the 'Intel Connectivity Drivers UWD' software element - so this certainly seems like a buggy ICPS driver update program to me.

ABOUT MY PC
I have an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 (Laptop 13-bf0500sa) PC with an 'Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz' network adapter, and I am running Windows 11 Home Edition on this device (64-bit, of course - as Windows 11 is ONLY available in 64-bit versions). I also have full admin rights on this PC and have attempted all of the above installation methods using these rights (i.e. ALL methods have FAILED).

I have also checked the version number of the device driver for the 'Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz' network adapter in my PC, and this is version 23.50.0.6 - which is the latest version available at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/intel-wireless-wi-fi-drivers-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello AllanW,

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
AllanW
Beginner

Are you seriously saying you want 6 identical tickets raised by each of us that it experiencing the same identical problem?

0 Kudos
ASUS-User
Beginner

I used the Revo Uninstall utility to remove the failing version (uninstall and remove leftover registry entries). Then downloaded version 30.24.475 and installed. All fine except for the occasion prompt that there is a newer version.

Not sure that this utility adds any real value to the performance of my new laptop.

It took some research to discover that .576 was bad. This involved restoring my system to a backup prior to the latest version, applied all Win system updates and then  .576 to confirm that it was not a Win or some other issue.

Waiting for a fix to regain stability. Was this not tested before release, or have QA gone on summer holiday???

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello ASUS-User,

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Silv3rBull3t
Beginner

I had to install an older version to get it to work.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello GChen33, 

For a more comprehensive analysis of the issue, we would like to request your SSU logs. This will enable us to conduct an in-depth review of your system configuration.

Additionally, please consider removing the Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite software and then reinstalling the most recent update. Follow our How to Uninstall or Roll Back to an Older Version of Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite Software article for a possible solution.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Bruce_
Beginner

I have this problem on a LG Electronics 17Z90Q, Windows 11 Home: 

When I try to install the program, the message appears: "you need more disk space", but I have 114 GB of available space on my SSD, unable to complete the installation of Intel Connectivity Performance Suite.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bruce,

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello GChen33, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
GChen33
New Contributor I

The new 30.24.578 version fixed my installation issue, it installs properly now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LT7879
Novice

Hi Gchen33,

Do you mind to check in the reliability monitor, do you have error message : Intel ProviderDataHelper Service Error ? after you install the new driver and boot the laptop?

Thanks so much 

0 Kudos