Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1 windows Update

Fi-ToNe
Novice

After updating the title (Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1), my bluetooth device started to appear as a removable usb device even though it was embedded in the system. My BIOS and drivers are up to date. My motherboard model is MSI X570 PRO CARBON WIFI. The problem only happens in WINDOWS 11. I tried the updated drivers from both intel's site and MSI's site. No problem. After doing this update, my bluetooth device becomes removable.

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Fi-ToNe,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your device.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Does this happen with MSI drivers or only with Intel drivers?

4. Do you have any Bluetooth connection problems?

5. Do you see any errors at the device manager under your wireless device?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Fi-ToNe,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Fi-ToNe
Novice

Hi DevividA_Intel

I have hidden the Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1 update with windows show hide tool. No problem after installing the update. But after installing the update, the bluetooth device can still be removed.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Fi-ToNe,  

I do appreciate your response, however, I would like to confirm if the issue persists since you mentioned "No problem after installing the update. But after installing the update, the Bluetooth device can still be removed."

Please let me know if you would like to continue with the support or if you would like to close this thread.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Fi-ToNe,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Fi-ToNe
Novice

Uninstall Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1 from windows update. Thank you. Topic can be closed.

DeividA_Intel

Hello Fi-ToNe,

I am glad to know that the issue got fixed by uninstalling the Intel driver.

As you mentioned, I will close this thread but you can open a new one in case you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Fi-ToNe,

As the last reply and based on your issue, I recommend you to check this behavior with your motherboard manufacturer (MSI) for further instructions and for a hardware review as well.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
alexbegeev
Beginner

Same problem. Wi-Fi/BT adapter is installed through the ASUS PCE-Ax3000 adapter. Driver version 22.140. The problem appeared after the update has arrived Intel Corporation - Extension - 22.80.1.1. The problem is only in Windows 11!

0 Kudos