Super User Retired Employee
02-20-2019 10:59 PM
Sometimes, a special process needs to be used to update the drivers properly:
- Download the latest Intel Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages and place them onto your system drive. Do not attempt to install yet. Where you place them doesn't matter (your desktop will suffice).
- Here is a link to the downloads page for the latest Bluetooth package: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28511/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10.
- Here is a link to the downloads page for the latest Wireless package: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28241/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters.
- Very important! Disable Internet access. Unplug the Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. This process won't work if you don't do this.
- From the Apps and Features Settings scene, uninstall the existing Intel Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages.
- Reboot (keep Internet access disabled).
- Install the Intel Bluetooth driver package that you downloaded earlier.
- Install the Intel Wireless driver package that you downloaded earlier. Important: Bluetooth then Wireless.
- Enable Internet access.
Hope this helps,
02-22-2019 08:18 PM
Hello RSnel, Please provide your system model and the Intel® Wireless Adapter that came with your system. If the Intel® Wireless Adapter did not come preinstalled, please let us know. Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread to gather more information about your system. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91... 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
03-01-2019 11:34 AM
03-01-2019 06:42 PM
Hello RSnel, Thank you for your response. It seems that the report was not attached to the thread. If possible, try attaching the thread from the Community. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation