Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel Driver Update Utility not working

RKell3
New Contributor I

The http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm Intel® Driver Update Utility is not working. Do not know how to get this fixed. I have tried reporting this but I see it's still not working. Hasn't worked since the new designed website page.

Rick

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_M_Intel
Employee

Rick,

Unfortunately the service has been temporarily unavailable. The service vendor has informed Intel that the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility service has been restored and is now functional.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_M_Intel
Employee

Rick,

Unfortunately the service has been temporarily unavailable. The service vendor has informed Intel that the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility service has been restored and is now functional.

Mike

0 Kudos
RKell3
New Contributor I

Mike,

Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure where to report this because I noticed it wasn't working. I do send people there, from time to time, to get their drivers updated.

Thanks and have a GREAT Holiday.

Take care,

Rick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry but on the contrary, it IS NOT working, as of the date of this post.

On 2 different machines, one running Vista Business and the other running Windows 7 Professional (the 32-bit versions) which have just been upgraded to IE 9, it almost immediately crashes the browser over and over again, no matter how many time you try it. They also have the latest version of Java installed.

Compatibility Mode makes no difference, either.

What is the deal?

0 Kudos
RKell3
New Contributor I

I just tried it with Mozilla Firefox and it is working, again.

Try http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en Repair IE8 (IE7) and IE9

Rick

0 Kudos
Mike_M_Intel
Employee

Travis,

Thank you for the feedback, to further efforts I would be interested in learning which specific operating system version(s) and browser you are using to run the Intel Driver Update Utility. I re-ran the Intel Driver Update Utility on Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 32bit (version 9 (specifically 9.0.8112.16421)) on operating system Microsoft* Windows Vista (32bit) Ultimate, Service Pack 2 (build 6.0.6002), 32bit and did not encounter any loading issues. Please retry loading the Intel Driver Update utility and let us know if there is still an issue. If there is an issue, provide OS/browser info/System hardware.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel Driver Update Utility also crashes Internet Explorer for me:

Windows 7 64bit with SP1

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Java build 1.6.0_25-b06

0 Kudos