hi, the driver utility is a great idea, but does not seem to work. in my case, i have Intel ProSet Wireless 188.8.131.52 installed and it lists 17.1.1531.1764 as available........doesn't make sense...when i go to the web site and find the driver myself, i see that 18.40 is available....
same issue with video drivers
anyone have any ideas of what i can do to make the driver update utility work?
btw, the driver update utility version is 184.108.40.206
We are continuously working to improve the Intel® Driver Update Utility and simplify the driver update process for our customers. However, it may not work in all cases since Intel devices are used in different systems from many different manufacturers.
It is worth to mention that we recommend using the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your PC as first option, since they may have added modifications and customizations specific to the OEM device. IDUU uses generic drivers from Intel® https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software.
As you suggested, manual driver download and installation is always an option, especially if you are having issues with IDUU.
The driver 17.1.1531.1764 is the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows®, and 18.40.0 is the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® for the WiFi component.
We will be glad to check on this, and if needed we can send feedback to the Intel® Driver Update Utility team. For this, please let provide the following information:
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the application and use it to create and save a report. Then use the "Advanced Editor" option to attach the resulting XML file to this thread.
- If possible, post an image of the screen you get when you run IDUU, showing the erroneous results.
hi, btw, i decided to uninstall iduu and reboot. the uninstall seemed to go ok but after the reboot, i then tried to reinstall it. when i run the installer, it only gives me a choice to uninstall (like it is still installed). if i do that, it errors out. so, i cannot uninstall any more, but i cannot install either....is there a cleaning procedure to get all the bits out?
We checked the log you provided and in fact your system already has the most recent drivers for your Display, Wireless and Bluetooth* adapters. So there is no need for any further updates.
- In cases were Intel® Driver Update Utility is not working correctly, we strongly advise to manually download and install drivers from our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software website.
- The method used to remove IDUU is the same you would use for any program. In Control Panel, select Programs > Programs and Features, and then select the program. Select Uninstall to remove the program.
- If the software is not able to be removed, it may suggest a problem in the OS. In this case, you may check with the Operating System support; another option is to use an Uninstall or repair tool of your choice.
Jonathan, I am a little confused. since i posted that report, i looked on the support site and found newer video and wireless drivers....i have attached a new report...so, they were not the latest... !9092
The latest driver for the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 shown in Device Manager is 220.127.116.11, this is installed with Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 18.40.0. This was already up-to-date in the first log.
I did notice that the driver for your Display adapter was updated from Driver Version 18.104.22.16831 to 22.214.171.12480 with the latest manual download.
As we mentioned before, IDUU is an automated tool and we have noticed it may not show accurate information in some cases. Also, it may need some days to include the latest updates, however, if you do a manual update, you will make sure to be up-to-date.
Please keep in mind that Driver updates may not be necessary if your system is already working correctly, they should be applied specially if you notice any issues in the system.
We have reported the IDUU inconsistencies you mentioned to the proper team.
We will continue working on your original thread for this purpose: