We understand you're experiencing some performance issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260.
While we do provide the latest Intel® Generic Wireless drivers through our download center, it's always recommended to use the latest drivers provided by your computer manufacturer. Our drivers don't take into consideration the hardware and feature customizations made by your computer manufacturer while integrating our adapter, making their driver version your top choice.
If you'd like to switch from your OEM drivers to our latest generic version, you will need to download and save our driver to a known location first, then proceed to remove your OEM driver before installing our latest PROSet.
For channel bonding to work, you will need to be connected to a router or access point that supports this feature. We also recommend making sure that your access point has the latest firmware available.
In order to better assist you, we would like to check out your current system configuration. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. This application will scan your system and allow you to save your general system information to a report. Please run this tool while connected to your wireless network in order to have your wireless settings included. Please attach the report to your response using the advanced editor (top right of the text box when you're replying).
We look forward to hearing back from you.
Is this the only error message you receive? Or does the installer provide you with a more specific error message?
Regardless, as previously stated, this could be happening because you're switching from your OEM to our generic driver version. To install our latest generic driver, you will need to perform a clean installation of your wireless drivers:
1. Download and save the latest http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005634.html Intel® PROSet.
2. Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall any instance of the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers. If prompted, make sure to choose the option to "Discard Settings."
3. Go to the Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, and uninstall it. If available, select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
4. Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select your main drive, usually "C:\." Checkmark Temporary Files, and uncheck everything else. Press OK.
5. Reboot your PC.
6. Install the latest Intel® PROSet.
After this, you may apply our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html recommended wireless connectivity settings.
We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.
Has your issue been resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance.