Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7500 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 can't see wifi

cPeter
Beginner
After the service provider upgraded our service to Wi-Fi 6, my old laptop could not see the new networks.
After I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home, I could see both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. Then, I started the Windows update process. Windows 10 started downloading the Intel network driver, and then I lost the networks. My phone hotspot and routers were still visible. If I removed the driver from the Device Manager and did a search for hardware changes, the wireless networks became visible again, but Windows 10 reinstalled the problematic update. I could not block it because it was a critical update. Is there any solution? Is this a bug? I do not want to change the network card.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Download and use Microsoft Show Hide Tool to disable the driver update by Windows: How to Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10. 

Leon

0 Kudos
cPeter
Beginner
Thank you for your help. Earlier, I tried that program, but because I ran the update search first and then tried to hide the faulty driver, it did not work. But now I tried again in the right order, and it is working well. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos