My laptop MSI PE60 6QE (with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165) runs windows 10 64 bit. About 3 weeks ago, wireless connect was constantly dropped. About 5 - 10 minutes will be dropped once. Every time I drop my network I use the "Troubleshoot problems" tool. And get the message: "The default gateway is not available _ detected".
Continue to connect to the internet but drop the network after 5-10 minutes.
I have updated the latest version (Version 188.8.131.52_ 15/03/2017). Test with both Obtain IP and Static IP.
Please help me fix this problem, thank you!
As we understand, your system is showing network disconnection and you get the message "The default gateway is not available". We would like to mention that this error may be originated by other components (OS issues, misbehaving antivirus, access point, bad connectivity, etc).
Please try the following to discard issues from the adapter's side:
- Perform a clean installation of the Wireless adapter driver:
1. As first option obtain the driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support. If the issue persists, you can try our generic version 19.50.1 that can be downloaded from the following website:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26653/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-... Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 [19.50.1]
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older wireless driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Remove temporary files: Press the Windows Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually C:\. Check Temporary Files and uncheck everything else. Press OK.
6. Install the Intel Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components.
- Apply the configuration from the advisory: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity.