I have a MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168. The running system is Windws 10.
(- Dual Band 1x1 802.11ac
- 80MHz Channels
- 433 Mbps Max Speed
- Bluetooth 4.2 (BR/EDR, BLE)
- Support Windows 7/ 8.1/ 10).
My Problem is, that I can't choose "802.11.ac" respectively use "802.11.ac" . When I go into the driver's menu, I can only choose between https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11a IEEE 802.11a, https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11b IEEE 802.11b, https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11g IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11ga/b/g. I can't activate the "802.11.ac" mode, because ithe mode is simply not there, doens't exists.
I have the driver version "18.104.22.168" installed.
Two screenshots are attached, but they are in German. However, you should recognize the menu easily.
Thank you very much for your support and help
We've moved your question over to our Wireless Networking Support Community.
We understand you would like to enable Wireless-AC mode on your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168, but are unable to locate the proper setting for this.
On wireless-AC adapters, this is enabled by default, however the setting has a different name.
With your Wireless Mode in it's default setting (6. 802.11a/b/g), you will simply need to confirm that your HT Mode is set to VHT Mode.
For more information on these settings, please review our https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings.
You can also confirm that your adapter is connecting using 802.11ac by running the following command:
1. Open Command Prompt.
2. Type: netsh wlan show interfaces
3. Radio Type should display 802.11ac, unless your router is an 802.11n model.
4. To achieve the adapter's maximum connection rate of 433 Mbps, you will need to ensure that your router is also set to use https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005799.html channel bonding.
We hope this information helps.