Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7464 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 Windows 10 drivers?

OPetk
Beginner

Will Intel update their Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 for Windows 10 with new updated drivers? I brought one and haven't installed it yet, I'm waiting for Windows 10 to come out first then install my new wi-fi card, but I want to make sure that Windows 10 will work perfectly with this wi-fi card.

28 Replies
John_S_Intel
Employee

GattoNero, here is the link you have been waiting for: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25181 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello mykrode,

The issue you described appears to be different than the original one reported in this thread. If you agree, please create a new thread in the forums.

Here is some of the information that will help us get a good understanding of the issue and provide accurate recommendations:

1. What is the make/model of the OEM laptop or desktop that you have?

2. Did the wireless adapter come pre-installed?

3. What is the make/model of the Access Point (AP) that you have?

4. Are you connecting at 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

5. Is Bluetooth enabled (on at the same time as WiFi)?

6. What are the security/encryption settings (WPA2-AES, WPA2-TKIP, or something else)?

7. How many other devices (laptops, tablets, smartphones ...etc) are also connecting to the same Access Point (AP)?

8. What computer (online or standalone?) game or games are you trying play when the latency occurs?

9. In the Windows 10 settings, is "Windows Update Delivery Optimization (WUDO)" enabled or disabled? (http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/windows-10-update.html?m=1 http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/windows-10-update.html?m=1)
0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Hey John, yeah, I think "reference" is the more common term of art for end user installation, and it's less confusing than "generic". In the latter case, devoid of installers and a plain vanilla package to be used with the "Have Disk" method of install. It's what I'm always looking for. I have a saved bookmark for that link as the drivers don't show up in the download search anymore. I think they used to, but haven't seen them there in a while.

Anyway, thanks for updating that, and I'll catch you there later at 18.13, or whatever it is.

0 Kudos
smcle3
New Contributor I

As requested, here is the new thread in Wireless Networking forums:

0 Kudos
TMILL14
Beginner

I have had nothing but issues with the AC 7260 since its inception. Windows 7 professional, Windows 8.1, and then Windows 10. Multipul downloads of multiple drivers over and over and over. Releive your headaches. Pull the card and go get a Broadcom Dual AC card. It works without all the issue. The AC 7260 has been out long enough for Intel to work out the issues but alas it has not happened. The answer always is go find drivers from your OEM. Really? My OEM does not offer the card. I bought the card and added it myself. Wifi always seamed to work fine. Bluetooth well that was a different story. I love it when you have an issue and the manufacture of your product tells you to go somewhere else and download from someplace else. It is not relevant who makes your hardware. Working drivers will make the product work. There have not been successful drivers yet for this card!

0 Kudos
tdono
Beginner

I have had nothing but trouble like many other with this card on both win 8.1 an more so on win 10. Pretty much a permanent explamation mark if it has to work trough anything more then a paper wall.

It simply is rubbish, I am forced to use a 6 year old wireless nusb that costs 15 quid that far, far out performs it. there are posts all over intel and other sites, but yet it still seems to be a big surprise to intel every time we mention it?

they say it's fine and then intel also says they have fixed it each time with the last few drivers, yet still the same unstable usable connections, cant have it both ways, how can you keep saying you have fixed it with this driver, yet keep saying it was ok to begin with.

Just google intel ac7260 issues and tell me that it's fine.

0 Kudos
tdono
Beginner

For example, i'm renovating my home so moved in to a rented hotel room, Everyone can connect to the hotel's open network except two of use, guess what we have in common, yep intel ac7260, but i'm on windows 10 and he is on windows 8.1.

So i have 3 mobile wireless broadband dongles, pay as you go, vodafone, tesco and meteor. and again the 7260 can see them all on wireless but cant connect or if rarely does it always says the connection is unstable, and it is.

Yet if i simply plug them in to my laptop with the usb cable then they work perfectly.

The hotel is actually run by family friends so offered to setup my netgear nighthawk ac1900 for them and everyone was saying how much better it was then the hotels old 2009 tplink router (small hotel), but again the two of us using the 7260 only see explication errors on both the 2.4 and 5ghz signals and cant get a usable connection if it even connects at all

So even tried my netgear ac1200 router, and again guess what, but i'm sure you can.

I also have my gamerig pc here as i dont want to put a 3 grand gamerig into storage, it also has a 7260 pci card, but again same issues, so pulled out the card and put in a broadcom and suddenly all is fine.

So multiple pc's, laptops, routers, operating systems and all have issues with the ac7260's and yet intel still wont acknowledge the issue no matter how many people post on theirs and others forums.

Oh yes, forgot to mention, just bought an installed windows 7 onto a brand new intel nuc that cant connect to any wireless network without issues, low and behold, it has an intel 7260bn chip, should have read the specs first.

Ps, I'm not an IT collage graduate,(Maintenance tech) But I Have been an IT curator in my last few jobs setting up networks, Upgrades, repairs troubleshooting as well, as the most important jobs of all for my bosses etc, ie, my pc pc hard drive has failed and the wife is going to kill me if i dont get the family photos back. So not a complete novice.

It does feel good to have a good rant about rubbish hardware from time to time, Now for a beer

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello tepescovir,

We understand your concern and you can be sure we will be glad to assist. Please review the following items as they may help in this situation:

- Apply the configuration from the Advisory: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html?wapkw=intel+wi-fi+recommended+settings 802.11n Connectivity Recommended Settings for Wireless

- Obtain the most recent driver from Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Drivers & Software.

If the issue persists, you may http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support to engage a support agent in your region.

Please keep in mind that you can also check the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites to contact support from your PC manufacturer.

0 Kudos