Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 : Slow download speed

Lakerschamp09
Beginner

Hi,

I have a problem with Dual Band Wireless AC 8265. My internet connection speed id 1.2 Gbs. On other laptop at home I am getting close to 1 gbs. While on latptop with this Intel Wireless AC 8265 I am getting around 200 mbs. However upload speed is fine at 90 mbs. 

I have already updated driver, as well as bluetooth driver. For 1 speed test I got 500 mbs and again all test show around 200 mbs.

I attach my WLAN Report.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lakerschamp09,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Are you having issues with Wifi or Bluetooth or both?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening in the home, office environment, or both?
  • Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Do both units are the same model?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Lakerschamp09
Beginner

Hello,

I am just having issues with Wifi speed. I have as remote session with assistant from Intel. He managed to get WIFI to 500 mbs speed. While on my other laptop, same WIFI I am getting close to 1 gbs. He thinks that it is limitation by Lenovo. It's Yoga 720 Lenovo.

I have recently just changed my internet from 300 mbs to 1.2 Gbs. And realized it runs slower than my other laptop. Did speed test and realized it has much slower dowload speed, however upload is correct.

This laptop has no Ethernet possible. it is the original adapter. I didnt change anything in it. 

Other laptop is Rog Strix.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lakerschamp09,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Lakerschamp09,

Thanks for your response.

Since you have reached our Live support team. I would also recommend to contact Lenovo for further support. They may be able to perform a hardware inspections to confirm if there is an issue with your system.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos