Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless AX200NGW Bluetooth problem

Fatigatti
Beginner

I have an Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G and recently I replaced the wifi module with the Intel Dual Band Wireless AX200NGW. The wifi connection works perfect and without cuts but I never detect the bluetooth.
Attached the txt file generated with Intel System Support Utility. Thank you
PS Sorry about my English. I use an online translator

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Fatigatti

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have installed an Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 on your laptop. When the end-user of a system installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?productId=189347&localeCode=us_en

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Having said that, could you please try the following test?

Please install the original wireless card that came pre-installed with the laptop. Does it work fine? (Bluetooth and Wireless?).

If the answer to the previous question is yes, we recommend to then install the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 on the laptop making sure that it is properly connected; please also check that the cables are plugged correctly.

Then, please check if Bluetooth is detected in Windows® Device Manager. In case the Bluetooth is detected but showing "a yellow exclamation mark" or an error code, this could be related to an incompatibility issue. If the Bluetooth is not detected at all, this actually may be related to a bigger compatibility issue. In those cases, the root of the problem could be one of the followings:

• The system may require a firmware update.
  • The system connector for the wireless card is not designed (at the electronic level) to work with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200.
  • There is a limitation from your computer manufacturer (OEM), in this case, Acer*.

We checked for official documentation on Acer's websites to try to provide you more clarification about this behavior; however, we only could find a community forum where some users are sharing some steps as a workaround.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/594531/acer-aspire7-a715-72g-wifi-ax200-bluetooth-not-working

Note:

This is a 3rd-party website which we provide for your convenience only. We do not endorse any of the contents within this site, and any issues that may arise from following the information, solution, and/or recommendation herewith is solely the responsibility of its provider. We still highly recommend that you check your product documentation or contact your system manufacturer for technical support.

Please feel free to post back providing the outcome of the test.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Fatigatti
Beginner

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549994/intel-9260ngw-bluetooth

I followed the instructions on the link and with tape covering those 2 pins, the bluetooth works. Amazing, thanks anyway

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Fatigatti

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that you managed to have the Bluetooth device working after following the workaround steps on the link.

Since this is a wireless integration, our recommendation is always to check first with the OEM in order to have information about compatibility, system limitations, and instructions for proper configuration.

We will proceed to close this thread since Bluetooth is now working. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos