Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265 fail to function properly after sleep/hibernate

GPras6
Beginner

My Intel Wireless N 7265 cannot detect or connect to any WiFi access point after booting up from sleep/hibernation. I do not know when this started to happen; my guess is some updates caused this.

My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad X250, Windows 10 version 1903. I am using OEM driver from Lenovo's official site.

I have tried to uninstall the device, clean up temporary files using Disk Cleanup, reboot, then reinstall the original driver. But this failed.

Temporary fix:

The only way to re-detect access points and reconnect is by properly restarting my laptop (I am using Fast Startup),

or from Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections, disable and then enable the N 7265.

But this is not a convenient way.

I also attached the report from Intel SSU.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GPras6
Beginner

I have found a solution.

Just uninstalld the device, rebooted, and let Windows install the driver by Microsoft (which is an older version than OEM, but works well for now). Also, I had to disable automatic manufacturer's app download feature.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Contact lenovo for assistance. They are responsible for your support.

Doc

0 Kudos
GPras6
Beginner

I have found a solution.

Just uninstalld the device, rebooted, and let Windows install the driver by Microsoft (which is an older version than OEM, but works well for now). Also, I had to disable automatic manufacturer's app download feature.

0 Kudos