Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Intel Killer Wi-Fi 7 BE1750X

yossivaknin
Beginner

I bought an Intel Killer Wi-Fi 7 BE1750 on Amazon.

How do you know if it's a fake?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yossivaknin
Beginner
HighZer0 Electronics BE1750x Killer Series Upgraded BE200 WiFi 7 Card | Gaming WiFi Adapter | M.2 PCIe WiFi Card | 5.8 Gbps | 320MHz, 4K QAM | Supports Bluetooth 5.4 & Intel with Windows 11 (BE1750x) https://a.co/d/0r7G5nt
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let's first discuss the use of the term 'fake' here. There's 'cloned' and then there is 'fake'. 'Cloned' may simply be a third-party that is validly purchasing the silicon components from Intel and manufacturing their own card. 'Fake' is a third-party purporting a card to offering the Intel silicon component but actually substituting some other (usually lesser-capable) silicon. In general, we're really talking about 'cloned' cards here.

So, what's the story in this particular case? Well, it would appear that this is another example of a third-party who is purchasing the silicon from Intel and manufacturing their own card to sell. Should you purchase such cards? Well... this is debatable. Over the years, I have read *many* reports here in the Community of people having problems with these third-party cards because of their poor manufacturing quality. The most often seen report is of the antenna connectors coming right off the cards. Considering that these connectors are difficult to work with in general, there is an exceedingly higher probability of this kind of thing happening with poorer quality cards.

Bottom line, my overall opinion is that I cannot recommend purchasing these third-party 'cloned' cards. They are mostly junk quality being shipped out of some nameless gigafactory in China that are then being sold under a myriad of brand names to increase their legitimacy. That they shamelessly use Intel's pictures of the cards (removing the word 'Intel') is something that I find deplorable. I would stick with the real cards that say they are from Intel, that do not have any other name - like HighZer0 - mentioned in their sales pages. Look at one like this instead: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CWFLHQVG. Yes, it's a few dollars more, but quality costs.

Now, all that said, there is one company, Fenvi, that I have had good success with. I purchased from them when the AX200 cards first appeared. I wanted cards with AX200 silicon but in the older PCIe Half-Mini Wireless (HMW, a.k.a. M.1) formfactor, which Intel is no longer supporting. Fenvi was the first company I found that supported this combination. I found these cards to be good quality and have worked well. I have since purchased a couple of their USB Wireless cards. No complaints at all. Small sample size, however.

Hope this helps,

...S