Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7548 Discussions

Intel NIC with WPA3 issues

THABOUTI
Beginner

HI ,
Actually, i m with laptop dell .
The driver wifi is ; Killer(R) wireless-AC 1550i wireless Network Adapter (9560NGW) 160MHz .
But this Intel NIC is not able to connect  with WPA3 .

My question : Does this driver support WPA3?

Thnks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

AFAIK, support for WPA3 was introduced with Intel's WiFi 6/Wireless-AX adapters. You are using an older WiFi 5/Wireless-AC adapter and I do not believe that WPA3 is supported.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
THABOUTI
Beginner
0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello THABOUTI,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

For us to provide you with an accurate recommendation, please allow us to check this internally with our management. You can be assured that we will keep you posted on any updates available.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
THABOUTI
Beginner
0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello THABOUTI,

I appreciate the patience you’ve shown as you wait for our response.

We conducted research on your concern and please be informed that Killer Killer(R) wireless-AC 1550i wireless network adapter (9560) can support WPA3-Personal (also known as WPA3-SAE) and WPA3-Enterprise on Windows® 10. You may check this article, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054783/wireless.html for your complete reference.

Since you reported that you have difficulties connecting to a WPA3 connection and for us to further investigate your concern and provide you with an accurate recommendation, please provide the following information.

• When did the issue first occur?
  • Did you modify your device setup or configuration recently?
  • Was your wireless connection functioning properly before?
  • Do you see any error message on the screen when connecting to a WPA3?
  • Have you tried connecting to different access points to isolate the issue?
  • Please provide the Intel® System Support Utility Logs of your computer, you can follow the instructions indicated on this article, How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. This will help us examine your system configuration in depth. Please attach it to this thread.
  • Could you please share with me the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far to resolve the issue? 
  • Have you tried updating your wireless driver?

Looking forward for your response.

Best regards,

Catulpos_Intel

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello THABOUTI,

I hope you are doing well.

I just wanted to check if you were able to view the previous post. Please let us know if you need more time to provide the requested information or needs further assistance so we could attend to them immediately.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
Catulpos_Intel
Employee

Hello THABOUTI,

Since we have not received any response from you, we will now go ahead and close this query. If you need additional information, please create a new one as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for understanding and have a nice day!

Best regards,

JCatulpos

0 Kudos
THABOUTI
Beginner

Thank you for this response. 
I use a router that works well in wpa3 mode and I tried with another device to connect on this router and everything is good. However, with the NIC still failed:
 STA does not initiate assoc process. 

Always : 
  Can't connect to this network. 

THABOUTI_0-1707756346996.png

0 Kudos
THABOUTI
Beginner

You can check the log info 

0 Kudos