Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7526 Discussions

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Connection Utility for Win7

Brickstin
Novice

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Connection Utility for Windows 7
As the title implies,

I am looking for this utility, however the problem is for some reason the ones listed on the HP website have Best Buy integration.Brickstin_0-1715051828020.jpeg

The one that I have came pre installed didn't: As you can see here below this line, there is no Best Buy Icon. 

Brickstin_2-1715051915708.png

Information:

Brickstin_1-1715051890547.png

I was able to go to the C:\Windows\installers folder and get the MSI installer that has the version I need but when I copied it into a new hard drive to test it out, it installs this annoying Best Buy Icon into the Menu -

I am not sure why this happens but yeah... 

Sadly the lot of this stuff is discontinued and I cannot find it on Intel, I tried using Waybackmachine and found the actual pages before they were removed but sadly the file was never archived.

Brickstin_3-1715051967567.png

WayBack to Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Connection Utility for Win. 7 
After doing some digging I at least found this:
Link to WiMAX_7.5_s64.exe 

The file still exists in Intel's Database but it is denied:

Brickstin_4-1715051978244.png

If anyone has this file, please let me know.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Brickstin, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, wireless driver version, complete model of your network adapter card, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Brickstin
Novice

Dear Carmona,

I provided the exact file name that I need for my Windows Computer in my Original post, please check the post:

File name: WiMAX_7.5_s64.exe
Version: 7.5.0 (Latest)

Date: 08/09/2012

Size: 8.9 MB

Language: 08/09/2012

Operating Systems: Windows 7 *, Windows 7 (64-bit)*

WiMAX_7.5_s64.exe is the file that is for windows 7 64bit architectures.

The Windows version information was already provided, the Driver information was already provided: Please go back and look at the actual photos that I provided - doing an SSU would require an unnecessary installation and download - we already know the information prior which was provided in the original post.

Intel has the file Located at: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/21711/eng/wimax_7.5_s64.exe
but it is in denial status, if the file did not exist then it would give a Error 404:
The 403 Forbidden status code means that the client request has been rejected because the client does not have rights to access the content.
Intel has denied public access to this file therefore I am requesting a copy of the file wimax_7.5_s64.exe
If you need the hardware strings for the Wireless proset I can provide it upon request.

Sincerely yours,
                             Brickstin
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Here's the version that I had squirrelled away.

...S

Brickstin
Novice

Thanks Scott,

Is WiMAX_7.5_64.exe in the ZIP file the same file as the WiMAX_7.5_s64.exe ?

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Brickstin,

Please let us know if you still need our help; we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Brickstin,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Brickstin,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos