Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel PROset/Wireless Software v16.1.5 won't install in my laptop

RPere15
Beginner

Hi,

Due to POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE I'm trying to update my Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN drivers.

The installation finishes with a error message (and do not complete)

I'm using Windows 7 x64 on HP Pavilion dv6t CTO Rfrbd Notebook PC.

THNX

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RPere15
Beginner

Hi Joe,

Same topic different problem.

Well I've fixed the broken installation and removed PROset software completely from my system.

I've downloaded the latest (stable version, v16.1.1) as you asked and the installation stops.

I can dig up the msi's/installtion from %temp% but what msi is crashing the installation ?

How can I log this installation ? can you help me "solve" the log ?

THNX

Roey

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Besides removing Intel® Proset and driver from device manager you may delete some remaining folders before trying again:

You may also consider a system restore or operating system reinstallation in case of corruption issue.

0 Kudos
RPere15
Beginner

Hi Joe,

Well it didn't worked.

It installs all versions until v15.8.0 (which uses MS WPF) from http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel PROSet/Wireless Software .

v15.2.0 is currently installed and working.

My Windows has MS.NET v4.5 installed and fully updated.

THNX

Roey

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It seems to be something related to the operating system. You may repair Microsoft* .Net framework as additional troubleshooting step but it is not a requirement for Intel® Proset installation.

0 Kudos
RPere15
Beginner

Hi Joe,

I've repaired my .net v4.5 and it didn't help.

MS fixIT didn't find/resolved any problem as well.

Other suggestions please ?

Is there an MSDN support forum for 3rd party installation programs ?

THNX

Roey

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It is possible this issue only happens with the full size package that includes Intel® Proset. If you do not need it you may use the driver only package (smaller file size).

These are the suggestions we can provide since the installers work with other systems, the issue must be caused by operating system corruption. I am afraid I am not familiar with MSDN* support but Microsoft* may have an answer for your question.

0 Kudos
RPere15
Beginner

Hi,

I've managed to workaround it.

I've captured the temp installation folder in %temp% and install manually (msiexec /i "Path_To_msiFile") the Driver,Wifi and BTHS msi files (under data folder).

It worked.

However I hope there won't be any incompatibilities with WPF installers in the future.

THNX

Roey

0 Kudos