Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel(R) - Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 problems

GBako
Beginner

Hello, just got my new laptop and i am having problems (WINDOWS 8.1)

I am receiving high ping on games and on the internet. I run ping www.google.com -n 150 to test my ping. My Ping spikes up from 24 to the hundreds.

I have done the solution requiring me to make a file called ScanWhenAssociated

Infact i did it on each folder i found

It fixed it from occuring every couple of seconds to around 10-20 seconds.

I already got multiple ERR_RESOLUTION and DOMAIN fails while writing this on google chrome.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Thermite,

Try the following actions, as they may actually help in this type of situations:

1. Do a clean install of the most current driver.

- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1* version 17.16.0.

- Go to Windows Device Manager - Network Adapters, locate the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, right click on it and Uninstall it, make sure to select the option "Delete the driver software for this device"

- Scan for hardware changes or reboot the PC, if another version of the driver is reinstalled, proceed to uninstall and delete it again, until it does not allow removing it anymore.

- Proceed to install the driver 17.16.0 you had downloaded.

2. Apply the configuration from the document:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?

3. If you are not using Bluetooth, disable the Bluetooth adapter. BT signals may cause interference to WiFi connectivity. This is normally done with a switch in the Computer or from Windows PC settings - PC and Devices menu.

If the issue remains after this, please provide the brand and model of you PC, wireless driver version shown in device manager, model and firmware of your WiFi access point.