Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 7265 - Code 45

Leine13
Beginner
This is the longest tome that my Dell computes cannt connect to the internet. Device status says hardware is not connected to the computer (code 45).
I do not understand why it happened. I have always been connected to the internet until few days ago when Network settings status says not connected.
Please help!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Leine13,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Were any changes made to the system before the issue started happening?
  2. Have you reported this issue to Dell?
  3. Is this a desktop or a laptop?
  4. Is this the original wireless adapter of the system?
  5. Have you checked if the adapter is properly connected?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Leine13
Beginner
Thanks for your reply!
To answer all your questions:
1. Were any changes made to the system before the issue started happening? NO
2. Have you reported this issue to Dell? NO, the first thing I thought was to look for infos bout the Intel error until I saw this community.
3. Is this a desktop or a laptop? I’m using a laptop.
4. Is this the original wireless adapter of the system? It is the original wireless adapter of the system.
5. Have you checked if the adapter is properly connected? Sorry I didn’t know how to check for proper connection. I just saw the Intel (R) when I clicked the “show hidden device” as suggested to me. And there is a note that says Code 45.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Leine13
Beginner
Will try to download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU). Will send the necessary data when done. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Leine13,

Thank you for the information provided, we will wait for you to run the Intel® SSU and share with us the results.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Leine13,

Were you able to run the Intel® SSU?  

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Leine13,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos