Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel(R) Dynamic Tuning: WRLS_HOT = 358K

LuisToro
Beginner

Hello, does anyone have this problem? have you managed to solve it? It happens to me often lately. 

It's a Dell Precision 5550 laptop.

Winver: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.867

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

Driver version: 22.10.0.7

The system was hibernated due to a critical thermal event.

Hibernate Time = ‎2021‎-‎02‎-‎20T03:49:42.124067000Z            

ACPI Thermal Zone = Intel(R) Dynamic Tuning: WRLS_HOT = 358K

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

LuisToro,

The error you report appears to be something related to the CPU or motherboard, or the laptop cooling fans(s), not wireless. I believe you need to try a different forum, perhaps processors or motherboards. I see you cross posted on the Dell forums. Please let us know if the suggestions there were any help.

0 Kudos
ToddMac
Beginner

Hopefully this (late) reply is still of use. The message is that a chip in the laptop is overheating. The "_HOT = 385K"  is saying that that temperature sensor attached to the device is reading 385 degrees Kelvin, which is ~112 Celsius or ~233 Fahrenheit. The WRLS implies the wireless chipset but that is just a guess. For more information, dig into the DTT (Dynamic Tuning Technology) documentation. 

Try putting the laptop on a cooling pad with some fans or use an ethernet cable instead of a WiFi connection.

0 Kudos