Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R)PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology for Windows 8 on Asus ????

idata
Employee

Hello,

I wanted to install Windows8 on my Asus P84SG, but it told me to uninstall Intel(R)PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology because it was not compatible. So I uninstalled it. Now Windows 8 is installed, but I don't have Internet anymore (I am using another computer to find a solution) and I think it is because I uninstalled Intel(R)PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology but I can't find the same for Windows 8.

I really don't know what to do. Please help me!!!

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you for your post.

The Intel® PROSet/wireless Software for Bluetooth would not interfere with the internet capabilities of the laptop. You may need to verify directly with Asus to find the appropriate Ethernet and Wireless drivers for this laptop under the Windows* 8 Operating System.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Nathalie is correct, bluetooth is not what gives network access, but the problem still exists, I just installed Windows 8 and now am concerned about not being able to use the bluetooth function and pair with my bluetooth devices. We'd appreciate an answer for that.

The network issue is relatively easy and during setup, I was asked to choose an available network and enter the pwd, no problem there,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I am wonder if Intel will give any solution to access full functionality of their products when upgrading OS in pcs. It seems like there is no option yet. Bluetooth option was important for me, so, please check the issues with W8 and give us solutions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I have the same problem on my Dell XPS L502. I have downloaded Proset/Wirelesss drivers for intel centrino n-1030 from intel site. But when I try to install it stops in the middle of the installation, gives blue screen with SYTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys file error and restarts.

Can someone help.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

>> I wanted to install Windows8 on my Asus P84SG, but it told me to uninstall Intel(R)PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology because it was not compatible.

Correct. Intel BT stack for Windows 7 must be uninstalled before upgrading to Windows 8.

Like others said, BT stack is not required to get on Internet.

For Bluetooth features such BT keyboard/mouse, audio streaming and VoIP over BT, you don't need to install any additional software.

Intel BT stack is required only to enable Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth High speed and file transfer etc.

----

Disclaimer: Not speaking for Intel

0 Kudos