Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Ananyaa
Beginner

Hello, I have a year-old HP ENVY x360 Convertible [Microsoft Windows 11].

Recently, I have had many system freezes when viewing online content like video streaming on YouTube, and so on.
It freezes the system, occasionally with a weird sound/buzz, and sometimes resumes but sometimes it also needs a restart. There are occasional small white/black lines on my screen.
This issue started to happen after the Windows 11 update.
Here's the Event log of the error that I had seen. I'm not sure what else information I can give, so please do ask me. Is there a possible fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Ananyaa,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your wireless adapter. I will be glad to help you.

Please provide the following information:

• Are you also having network connectivity issues?
  • Is this the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

As well, please perform the following steps:

Make sure to follow the clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Please let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Ananyaa
Beginner

1. I have pretty smooth network connectivity so there's no problem there.

2. Yes, it is the pre-installed wireless adapter that used to work well with Windows 10 before I updated it to Windows 11 recently.

0 Kudos
Ananyaa
Beginner

Hello,

The screen does not seem to freeze now when playing videos but there's still some error with my Wi-Fi Adapters. I have attached a screenshot below of the error.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response and information provided.

The Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter is related to Microsoft and not with the Intel wireless adapter. We recommend you to contact Microsoft support regarding that issue.

By any chance, were you able to check if there is any error code in Device Manager by following the steps on my previous post? Here are the steps again if you need them.

Device Manager > Network adapters > double-click on Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201. You should be able to see the code along with a yellow sign, if there is any.

As well, were you able to perform the clean installation of the latest wireless driver?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Ananyaa
Beginner

Hello Steven,

I checked the Device Manager for Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and there were no warnings. I have also performed the clean installation and so far I have not come across any errors regarding wireless drivers.

Thank you for your helpful advice and support!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate your response.

I am glad to know the issues no longer persists after the clean installation. Hopefully, this information will help other community members as well. 

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos